Used 2004 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Toyota Dependability in Question
By nativwashintonyn

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am having a terrible experience with my vehicle. It is a 2004 Toyota Sienna and it currently has just over 90,000 miles on it. Even though I have had my vehicle serviced on a regular basis I was shocked when the compressor shut down on my way for service. I was in the middle of a six lane highway! When the compressor shut down it caused some metal to get into the engine system. My repair bill is going to be an estimated $3500.00. I have told the Toyota Customer Service Center my story and they have only offered to pay for the compressor parts and nothing else! I am very disappointed in Toyota's and the dealership's response for assistance in this unusual repair situation.

A great trip vehicle when not in the shop.

The overall parts and build quality of Toyotas do not seem to be the same as in previous years.

Worst purchase we have ever made
By LJSwiger

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a lemon. We have lost count of the number of times we have had it in the shop. We have had to replace the heaters in both seats, the steering column, the back lift gate only works 40% of the time, (worked fine before the recall~once they replaced the motor~has not worked right since. Dealership claims they cant find anything wrong). Skid control kept kicking in while making a right had turn, once even on the dry interstate in a straightaway. If you are going to buy one of these, at least get the extended warranty~trust me, you will need it!

With the seats out, you have plenty of room to haul large items.

Seat backs keep falling off

Toyota Sienna Rocks!
By Murali

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is an absolutely great vehicle. I love my Toyota Sienna. I drive about 30 miles to work, this vehicle makes its so much easy. Very smooth and steering gentle unlike my VW with is sporty and tight. If you are looking to buy a new or used Sienna just buy it blind-folded, you will not go wrong. Don't expect a great interior or a car that turns head, but if you are looking for maintenance free & great ride quality, this is the one.

Headlights turns off if left on. Very low turn radius.

Honda like exterior. Better color choice.

Luv it
By James Colbert

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love this van. My wife especially likes. She is short and finds it easy to enter and electrically adjust the drivers seat. She used to pick up grand kids after school and it was very good for that. It parks easily with it's short turning radius. My only complaint is that it seems to wear tires and front brakes more rapid that I think it should. Probably because of the front wheel drive and weight of the van. I would buy another in a heart beat as I would any other Toyota.

Turning radius,seating arrangement, Power doors and windows, airbags all around, front and rear air conditioning and heat with auto controls.

Hybrid

Worst Toyota Ever
By Shock

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I knew within 6 months this car would not last. I owned it exactly 5 years and had 115k miles on it. Repair Bill at 5 years after spending tons on the 90k service, more than $8k. 1) Both rear passenger sliding doors broken. Watch those cables visible on the sides just under the very back window, they fail and then get stuck in the motor. Over $2800 each to repair. 2) Leaking transmission (2x already) 3) Power steering Motor failure 4) Motor leaking oil in the head gasket 5) Motor leaking oil behind the timing belt 6)3 O2 sensors (yea 3) bad. ==> Junk