Used 2004 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

2004 sienna 8 seat CE - tires??
By sun

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Pleased with the reliability of the van, variety of space configurations, but please, help with tire selection! Looking to purchase our 4th set of years. Recommendations?

Favorite Features

can hold 8 or empty out and carry a big load

Suggested Improvements

front/back radio adjuster (to make silent in back while playing in front only - dodge caravan had this), arm rests on bench seats, non-static seats (we're always shocking ourselves as we get out)

Love My Sienna
By PR

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Sienna, I carry everything but the kitchen sink in it. It is roomy and has made life easier for me and my 4 year old. My only disappointment is that I do not think it is fast enough when I have to enter the highway or pass someone. Also, outside noise is not filtered and the air conditioner is not strong enough. Could be because it's a big car. Not sure, but overall, I'm happy. Oh, it's also great on gas!

Favorite Features

I like that it has a removable console. I can also move one of the middle passengers in, away from the door, providing better protection for my child in case of an accident. Lots of room in the back when the third row seats are folded down.

Suggested Improvements

Better air conditioner, noise filtering and power.

Don't recommend the Toyota Sienna!
By AJKAMM

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned toyotas in my entire life and bought the Sienna because of my past experiences of Toyota's reliability. This vehicle has been anything but reliable. Within first year broke down because radiator blew, two times power steering gave out, doors won't open, multiple recalls and in short, a nightmare! With three small children reliability and safety are of most importance and this car has not provided that. I am extremely disappointed with the overall performance of this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Large enough to fit my family. Comfortable and roomy. Attractive exterior appearance.

Suggested Improvements

All factors related to reliability and safety need to again become Toyota's hallmark. I am not sure what went wrong with this model and year, but this had not been my previous experience with the six other Toyota's I have owned.

Bill's Sienna
By Bill Rogers

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 1st experience with a Toyota minivan has been an exceptional experience. I selected the CE model based solely on economics (I'm one of those 'fixed-income' Seniors). The ride is luxury sedan-like; the horsepower is more responsive than I imagined it could be, the fit and trim is exceptional (no flaws could be detected, and I'm anal about detail!) the rear fold away seat is a great help to an old foggy and when it's up, my wife loves the convenience of storing the groceries back there in the well.

Favorite Features

Transmission lever location

Suggested Improvements

POWER rear venting windows should be standard on all models. The inconvenience, let alone a safety hazard, of having to pull off the road if you have them open, and rain begins, should be recognized and properly addressed.

LOVE IT!
By rhonda

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. Never thought I'd drive a minivan, but I'll never drive anything else. Comfortable, tons of space, and has some major get up and go.

Favorite Features

Horsepower and captain's seats.

Suggested Improvements

Second row stow away seating