Used 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

I will never buy Toyota again
By love4cars2014

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We brought this car of the dealers lot in Dec 2003. We have had numerous problems with it. Except for its engine, everything has had problems. - Radiator blew off at 15K and again at 98K - Rear shock replaced at 35K - Body parts just rattle, rattle and more rattle - Water seeped into the rear of the car causing us to get that cleared couple times - Alignment goes off the whack every 6 months - I have to change tires every 2 years due to excessive wear. No one can tell why - Automatic door broke twice! Forutnately second time the part was covered under warranty - Radio has gone bad - Side door plastic cracked - Rear axle hub had to be changed at 95K - AutomaticWindowreplac

Favorite Features

Fold down seats, comfortable cruiser (when it works)

Suggested Improvements

Quality, Quality , Quality Listen to customers Stop Lying Toyota

Great van!
By tallchris01

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van off-lease from a fleet at wholesale in November 2006 after our 2nd child was born. It had 50K miles and had been serviced exclusively at a Toyota dealer. We never had a single problem or breakdown. Just routine oil changes, tires, brake pads, timing belt. It was plenty big for my family of 4 on long trips. Our best was 25mpg. We loved the 3rd row fold-down bench and usually left it folded down so we could throw in our double stroller un-collapsed. We owned it for 2 1/2 years, put 50K miles on it and sold it easily.

Favorite Features

Space, legroom, lots of storage nooks, fold down 3rd row, removable 2nd row seats. Adequate horsepower for the highway. We had manual sliding doors and trunk hatch (no worries of that ever breaking down). Great van!

Suggested Improvements

None.

'04 Sienna LE 7-passenger
By jrobey747

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently purchased a used '04 Sienna w/122,000 miles on it. I didn't think twice about buying this Sienna because of Toyota's reliabilty (we also own a '02 Camry w/175,000 miles on it). The model we got is the LE 7-passenger w/leather interior. It is a very comfortable vehicle to ride in and fun to drive, even though it's a minivan. Other than some slight vibration in the dash the Sienna drives like new, very smooth and quiet. My wife loves the right rear sliding door that opens w/a push of a button. Although, I have heard of many instances when the chain breaks in that power sliding door being a costly repair (over $1400 I believe). We love the minivan life!

Favorite Features

Leather, moonroof, cd-player, storage, functionality, reliability, seating capacity

Checking in at 74K
By ChuckfromLI

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just had the spark plugs replaced at 74K. It was running fine, but had that done anyway at Toyota dealer along with PCV valve, air filter, oil change and tire rotation. Total bill was $625 with the tax (8.5%). The plugs are a big job on this year Sienna because the intake manifold needs to be removed to change them, hence it is about three hours labor for the plus alone. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there is no distributor cap or plug wires to change. Van still runs and drives as new. There may be a slight whistling sound from the passenger side front window at highway speeds. Other than that, still happy with it.

Favorite Features

Overall comfort and quiet. Great for family trips. Feels very safe and secure.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. Have averaged 17.8 MPG overall in 74K miles. That is about half highway and half crowded suburban driving. It will return 25-26 MPG on long highway trips if you keep it under 70 MPH.

Most Reliable Car Ever Owned
By Cindy

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving the Sienna now for almost 7 years and people can't believe the car is that old. The exterior and interior looks incredible and the reliability has been outstanding. At 136,000 miles it still rides like a new car and has had virtually no mechanical problems. I had the spark plugs changed at 130,000 miles and the timing belt changed around 90,000, but other than those normal maintenance items I have had no repair bills with this car. This is the first Toyota I have owned and I am confident it will easily make 200,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Reliability, automatic sliding door, smooth ride, power rear windows, extra room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat belt does not always retract smoothly.