2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Hugely disappointed - van was a lemon or possessed
By racecarmom on 11/03/12 04:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2004 Sienna new. In the first 6 months, we had to replace the battery, the armrest fell off and the spare tire holder broke after one use. In the next three years, the panels on the front doors slid down and trapped me inside - I had crawl to the back seat to get out. My husband duct taped the panels on and no more problem - ugly but it worked. Then the sliding door panel's lock didn't work. You had to take a chopstick to hold the lock lever up until just before you closed it and then pull out the chopstick and slam the door. Other things broke with light use. Door weatherstripping falls down. Engine ran but looked like a beater van. Would not recommend this van.

Not much to fault - much to praise
By Christos on 11/26/04 11:13 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a fantastic van. Chose between the 2005 Odyssey and the 2005 Sienna - the Odyssey was great but we needed the 8 seats and weren't willing to pay the extra Honda was asking. The only reason I would recommend the Honda over the Sienna is the standard stability control and the standard side airbags which are a big deal for us. The need for 8 real seats was the tie breaker for us. The Honda handles and is more fun to drive but the Sienna is no slouch either. All things being equal, the Toyota represented better overall value and suited our needs better.

I love my van!!
By vf213wife on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van is so comfortable for everyone in the van. I have 6 kids so all the seats get used. Not all the kids are small anymore so it is nice to have the room that this van offers. I really can't say enough about this van, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. My only regret is that we didn't get the XLE, now that I know that I love this van so much that we will be buying the XLE in three years.

First Toyota
By jacob e gumz on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven other vans over the years so when I first test drove the Toyota it was no wonder that I was extremly impressed. I have now owned my Toyota Seinna CE 8 passenger van for six months and have put 10000 miles on it and simply love driving it.

Very Happy Owner
By MikeQ on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in 2001 Caravan Sport for 2004 Sienna CE. Wife is 5'1" and had problems driving/parking the Caravan. No such problems with the Sienna. Plenty of power. Great fuel economy. Quiet ride. Great visibility. Front/rear wiper switches (all on one arm) can be confusing. Very happy with everything else.

Nice Van
By wtomlinson on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Windstar before this van and the difference is incredible. The Sienna is very quiet, smooth ride and much better gas milage. Lots of room and the split fold down rear seat is great.

Toyota did it again!
By Carol Whipkey on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 1998 Sienna in on the all new 2004 Sienna and I just love it! The old Sienna had 90,000 miles and was only about half way broke in but the new, sleak design of the 2004 made me want one. I have owned a few Toyota products and each one has been an excellent quality vehicle. Once again, Toyota built one for me!

Best of review for me
By drmookie on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

If my new van were a woman-I would marry her. After testing several of the top rated mini vans, I knew I was going to buy the Sienna. I tried several dealerships and settled on North Hollywood Toyota. California. For me the van is a dream boat.

Not comfortable for the larger driver
By finartlvr on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The drivers seat is uncomfortable and the steering wheel sits too low, even in the up position. The seats were built for small/average drivers and do not fit an average/large driver comfortability There is trouble with the driver side window motor, so beware

Best car made by Toyota
By Santiago Lopez on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This ts the perfect car (no other car can march it)