Used 2004 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Hugely disappointed - van was a lemon or possessed
By racecarmom

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2004 Sienna new. In the first 6 months, we had to replace the battery, the armrest fell off and the spare tire holder broke after one use. In the next three years, the panels on the front doors slid down and trapped me inside - I had crawl to the back seat to get out. My husband duct taped the panels on and no more problem - ugly but it worked. Then the sliding door panel's lock didn't work. You had to take a chopstick to hold the lock lever up until just before you closed it and then pull out the chopstick and slam the door. Other things broke with light use. Door weatherstripping falls down. Engine ran but looked like a beater van. Would not recommend this van.

Favorite Features

It was reliable - that's it.

Not much to fault - much to praise
By Christos

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a fantastic van. Chose between the 2005 Odyssey and the 2005 Sienna - the Odyssey was great but we needed the 8 seats and weren't willing to pay the extra Honda was asking. The only reason I would recommend the Honda over the Sienna is the standard stability control and the standard side airbags which are a big deal for us. The need for 8 real seats was the tie breaker for us. The Honda handles and is more fun to drive but the Sienna is no slouch either. All things being equal, the Toyota represented better overall value and suited our needs better.

Favorite Features

Duel air fold away seating - with great room in back even when all seats are up.

Suggested Improvements

Auto down feature for power windows is not available on CE - shame on you Toyota. Auto lights off would be nice - agian on the CE level. Better tires.

I love my van!!
By vf213wife

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This van is so comfortable for everyone in the van. I have 6 kids so all the seats get used. Not all the kids are small anymore so it is nice to have the room that this van offers. I really can't say enough about this van, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. My only regret is that we didn't get the XLE, now that I know that I love this van so much that we will be buying the XLE in three years.

Favorite Features

The comfortable seats. Lots of room. Even the leg room between seats. The rear air conditioner.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to be able to sit in the back and watch the movies with the kids, can we make it so it drives itself?

First Toyota
By jacob e gumz

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven other vans over the years so when I first test drove the Toyota it was no wonder that I was extremly impressed. I have now owned my Toyota Seinna CE 8 passenger van for six months and have put 10000 miles on it and simply love driving it.

Favorite Features

The drivers height makes drivers visablity great for ease of driving. The interior roominess is great.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belts(shoulders straps) for the second seat need redesigned so they don't rattle when they are used and not properly stowed.

Very Happy Owner
By MikeQ

2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in 2001 Caravan Sport for 2004 Sienna CE. Wife is 5'1" and had problems driving/parking the Caravan. No such problems with the Sienna. Plenty of power. Great fuel economy. Quiet ride. Great visibility. Front/rear wiper switches (all on one arm) can be confusing. Very happy with everything else.

Favorite Features

Additional depth behind rear seat (with seat up) is a God send for hauling stuff with passengers in the van.

Suggested Improvements

Separate front and rear wiper controls.