2004 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
I will never buy Toyota again
By love4cars2014 on 06/24/14 08:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We brought this car of the dealers lot in Dec 2003. We have had numerous problems with it. Except for its engine, everything has had problems. - Radiator blew off at 15K and again at 98K - Rear shock replaced at 35K - Body parts just rattle, rattle and more rattle - Water seeped into the rear of the car causing us to get that cleared couple times - Alignment goes off the whack every 6 months - I have to change tires every 2 years due to excessive wear. No one can tell why - Automatic door broke twice! Forutnately second time the part was covered under warranty - Radio has gone bad - Side door plastic cracked - Rear axle hub had to be changed at 95K - AutomaticWindowreplac

Great van!
By tallchris01 on 03/25/14 10:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van off-lease from a fleet at wholesale in November 2006 after our 2nd child was born. It had 50K miles and had been serviced exclusively at a Toyota dealer. We never had a single problem or breakdown. Just routine oil changes, tires, brake pads, timing belt. It was plenty big for my family of 4 on long trips. Our best was 25mpg. We loved the 3rd row fold-down bench and usually left it folded down so we could throw in our double stroller un-collapsed. We owned it for 2 1/2 years, put 50K miles on it and sold it easily.

'04 Sienna LE 7-passenger
By jrobey747 on 05/31/12 06:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently purchased a used '04 Sienna w/122,000 miles on it. I didn't think twice about buying this Sienna because of Toyota's reliabilty (we also own a '02 Camry w/175,000 miles on it). The model we got is the LE 7-passenger w/leather interior. It is a very comfortable vehicle to ride in and fun to drive, even though it's a minivan. Other than some slight vibration in the dash the Sienna drives like new, very smooth and quiet. My wife loves the right rear sliding door that opens w/a push of a button. Although, I have heard of many instances when the chain breaks in that power sliding door being a costly repair (over $1400 I believe). We love the minivan life!

Checking in at 74K
By ChuckfromLI on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just had the spark plugs replaced at 74K. It was running fine, but had that done anyway at Toyota dealer along with PCV valve, air filter, oil change and tire rotation. Total bill was $625 with the tax (8.5%). The plugs are a big job on this year Sienna because the intake manifold needs to be removed to change them, hence it is about three hours labor for the plus alone. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there is no distributor cap or plug wires to change. Van still runs and drives as new. There may be a slight whistling sound from the passenger side front window at highway speeds. Other than that, still happy with it.

Most Reliable Car Ever Owned
By Cindy on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving the Sienna now for almost 7 years and people can't believe the car is that old. The exterior and interior looks incredible and the reliability has been outstanding. At 136,000 miles it still rides like a new car and has had virtually no mechanical problems. I had the spark plugs changed at 130,000 miles and the timing belt changed around 90,000, but other than those normal maintenance items I have had no repair bills with this car. This is the first Toyota I have owned and I am confident it will easily make 200,000 miles.

70,000 miles and still going strong
By JustChuck on 07/31/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just turned 70K recently. No real problems to report. There were two warranty issues years ago that were taken care of by Toyota. Just bought the third set of tires, the Pirelli P4s are the way to go now. The Yokohamas were better than the original equipment, but the Pirellis are supposed to be better than the Yokos. Not much else to say. This vehicle has been trouble free and uneventful.

Toyota Sienna Rocks!
By Murali on 04/29/10 07:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is an absolutely great vehicle. I love my Toyota Sienna. I drive about 30 miles to work, this vehicle makes its so much easy. Very smooth and steering gentle unlike my VW with is sporty and tight. If you are looking to buy a new or used Sienna just buy it blind-folded, you will not go wrong. Don't expect a great interior or a car that turns head, but if you are looking for maintenance free & great ride quality, this is the one.

One Headache After Another-Unreliable
By stacy banks on 09/13/09 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

If there is an example that Toyota doesn't have its thumb on quality control, it is me. I jumped the car 14 times the first year I owned it even though the battery checked out O.K. They said it didn't need to be replaced. Just after the warranty expired, it needed to be replaced. Power door broke-$1500 to fix. Electric locks go crazy and can't open doors. Have to crawl out. Has never shifted smoothly although transmission checks out O.K. Frequently lurches and downshifts unexpectedly. Radiator replaced in 2nd year. None in stock had to wait a week. The rocker panels rusted in the first year. I had to change the tires in the first month - not good on snow and ice. Generally, a bad car.

Dissatisfied
By P. Ary on 08/31/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2004 (8 seating) Toyota Sienna LE. I have had to replace tires 2 times. There have been 5 or 6 recalls. It is in the shop today with loud humming noise from engine. But the most disappointing thing is that the dash has split in 3 places. I contacted the dealership and Toyota directly and they offered me no help. The car was beyond its warranty, but I have owned 8 cars (4 Toyotas) during my driving life and have never had a dash split. Toyota told me that I must have done something to it, although they could not suggest what it might be. The van is kept in a garage when not in use and I always crack the windows when it is summer time. Cannot recommend Toyota anymore.

Be wary
By owner in wisconsin on 08/19/09 15:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have read many positive reviews of the Sienna but ever since I bought this car in 2003 it has been a money pit. I have replaced the tires...twice! Also, last spring replaced the radiator and now the auto shop tells me I need to sink another $500 into the axle shaft. I hate this car.