Used 2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Happy with the van
By mdoran

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2003 LE Synphony with 0% financing after getting tired of dealing with Honda. I really liked the Odyssey but since there is such a demand for the Odyssey, Honda doesn't budge on price. At 0% the Odyssey lost out. I got a good deal on the Sienna - traded 92 accord. I had lot of buyers remorse for a couple of weeks after giving up my accord. The Van rides higher up and gives a better view of the road. But since you sit higher the vehicle drives different then a sedan. This difference was hard to get use to for me. Now I love the van. I love being higher up and having the extra seating.

Favorite Features

- Power side door (right side only) - Split 3rd row seat - don't have to give up the whole 3rd seat to get a little extra storage. - Roof rack cross bars are standard (unlike the Odyssey) -Spare tire is under the rear of th car and is easy to access (Honda's is not).

Suggested Improvements

- 3rd row seat reading lights - Center console is a big waste of space I would rather have a pass-thru. - Wish there was dual siding doors - 16" tires would make van ride even better

That's a winner
By Relentless Research

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 8 months of research and debate between Honda, Mazda and Toyota settled on the T despite initial distaste with the exterior appearance (98 percent of the time you're inside it, right?). The $2,500 rebate from Toyota to move the '03s before the updated and admittedly superior '04 hits, sealed the deal. So ended up with a top of the line XLE for the same price as the Honda and with way better reliability and more features than the Mazda.

Favorite Features

Sunroof is a big deal (not available on H). Power doors. The drop down center tray would be nice (on the 04). Being able to use a portion of the rear seat (No use it or lose it rear seat). Quietness...no fuel slosh like the Honda, no 4 noise rating like the editors gave the Mazda.

Suggested Improvements

Split fold and stow rear seat, power rear door, drop down center table. These are all on the horizon with the '04 but bear in mind that the top of the '04 is an XLE Limited and you are not going to touch that for less than 35 large I suspect.

hk
By hkrha

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove this car over 1000 mile in one week. I like the quietness and driving comfortness. Best part of this car is $2000 rebate which cost me less than $19000 with the 2nd row captain's chair.

Awesome
By KarenP

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first Toyota ever owned an it is just awesome. THis vehicle will be able to move my family around with great ease.

Favorite Features

Captains seats. Able to seat 7 with comfort. Side doors on both sides.

I NEVER thought I would buy a minivan
By Minivan Driver

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to get rid of my Isuzu Rodeo because I was tired of the truck like ride. I came into the dealership to buy a Camry. I drove the Sienna just because, and I feel in love with it. Smooth ride, extreme confort. Prior to driving, and ultimately purchasing, I would hyperventilate just thinking about owning a minivan. Forget the stigma, this minivan drives/rides like a dream.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, flawless acceleration. Comfortable, quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the passenger windows could be rolled down (ala Mazda MPV). Center console should be standard on all models. The radio is not very good, and I have the upgraded JBL. Sound quality could be better. I looked, but could not locate an LE with the in dash 6 cd changer.