2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
5 yr. review
By harshad on 08/29/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third review on our 03 symphony. After almost 5 yrs and 48000 miles, it has been reliable. We changed the power steering pump in warranty. other than that its been good. Good gas mileage. We have seen some sign of rusting on front passenger door. Please share experiences after 5 yrs.

Love the Sienna, Sold the Bimmer!
By Teresa on 05/30/07 00:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd own a minivan but I needed the space. Test drove tons of them, bought the Sienna and love it! Thought I would keep my '03 BMW 325i wagon but ended up selling it. I enjoy driving this van and it's so plush, not cramped at all like my wagon. Handles surprisingly well for such a big vehicle. If you're having trouble letting go of your car and feel like you're too cool to drive a van, get over it! The Sienna is awesome and fun! Great sound system. JBL speakers rival the Harmon-Kardon in the BMW. Mileage is awfully good, too. Love it, love it!

2003 Sienna
By ckanderson on 08/24/06 15:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded our 1995 Camry for a Sienna because we wanted something bigger for my wife and two kids. We liked the Honda Odyssey but the dealers wouldn't bargain. The Sienna body style was changing and we picked up one of the last '03 Symphony models. The car had no problems for 20k except for brake squeal, then the OEM Dunlop tires wore out. At 30k a noise developed in the steering, power door was stuck open, and now at 35k there is an oil leak. The Toyota dealer could not fix the suspension problem after three visits and then said the noise was normal. Overall it has been reliable, but has had more mechanical problems than we expected.

The money pit.
By M S on 07/13/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since I purcahesed this Toyota I have been taking this van to the dealership for repairs every 2-3 months. Check engine lights, O2 sensors are some of the more expensive repairs. I regret purchasing this van.

Covers the Bases
By Good Van on 11/23/04 15:26 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We owned a 1999 Dodge Caravan before purchasing the 2003 Toyota Sienna Symphony. The Dodge interior was more comfortable and easier to use, but the Toyota is by far more reliable and much safer. I love Toyota reliability, and their pricing is much more competitive when compared to Honda. The 2004 has fixed most of the faults of this van, but there are a couple that bug me. It is very difficult to get into the third row of seats because the second row does not flip up or move easily to create space. There's only one car seat latch in the second row, and it's attached to the floor of the vehicle. The power door cannot be stopped when it's closing. There's too much body lean in turns.

good buy
By harshad on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

today is 2nd anniversary of our 03 sienna. I never imagined to be really competing with my wife to drive this..Just plain good ride. Quiet, smooth ride. Feels powerful, good gas milege. The only problem with it is had a squeaking power stearing gear had to replace power steering pump under warranty. No fatigue on a few trip from St. Paul to Chicago. My 3 yr old prefers this car over my 1999 altima whenver we got out and ask her choice..

2003 Toyota Sienna
By Dianne Scott on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Sienna I have owned, the first being a 2000 model. I absolutely love it! It is comfortable, easily holds 7 people and rear cargo, is pretty economical on gas, and WOW does it go! I love the way it drives like a car. The only think I really don't like is there is a serious blind spot on the right rear side, but I have learned to compensate for it. Also wish the paint was more durable. I travel in my business and absolutely cannot afford to have my car in the shop. I have owned a Dodge Caravan (loved it but went thru 2 transmissions after relatively few miles) and Ford Windstar, again transmissions and it was a lumbering gashog! Not a mi

Fun Car
By Charles Stow on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 3 toyota van i have owned and everyone has been GREAT.Never any repairs or problems

worth every penny
By Barbara Anne Hormann on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very good car even with hevy miliage

Toyota Sienna Minivan
By Gordon Bennett on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Minivan...easy to live with. Drives smooth and solid