2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Great Van that Keeps on Running
By tfisch100 on 08/14/11 20:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van at the end of the 2003 model because we liked the interior better than the newer 2004 model that was being sold. We've put 144,000 niles on it and see no reason to buy something new. The repair history has been great. We've used it to transport soccer teams, drywall, furniture and babies. We installed a 2 inch receivr on the rear and use it to tow light trailers on a regular basis.

8.5 yr. review
By hborgaonkar on 04/18/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 8.5 yrs and 87000 miles the van has been very reliable. apart from regular maintainance, we haven't done anything to it. we did a 3000 mile trip west with 7 people last summer and got 35 mpg. apart from a rust spot on the right door, the van looks new inside out. My wife told me that when we are ready replace it, we will get another Sienna.

Check Engine Light problems
By KidHorn on 08/06/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I'm happy with our Siennna. It only has 19,000 miles after 6 years, so it doesn't get a lot of use. There's an issue with the check engine light. It goes on and we take it to the dealership and they find nothing wrong. I wouldn't care too much, but the engine detects something wrong with the emission control and because of this, the car fails the state emissions test. We take it to the dealership, they run a smoke test and everything is OK. We go back for the emissions test, we fail, but since we had the car smoke tested, we get a pass for the next couple of years. We also had to replace the front tires. For some unknown reason, they wouldn't hold air.

Major problems again and again
By Julie on 01/04/09 09:11 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this van since 50K miles, now has 66K. First at 50K the rear main engine seal needed to be replaced... major job! Now at 66K the engine oil light is on. It will be in the shop for awhile, at minimum will need a new oil pump ($800) and it may need an entire new engine! I really expected much more from Toyota. What good is having the Toyota name if I need to get a different engine?? Very disappointed!

5 yr. review
By harshad on 08/29/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third review on our 03 symphony. After almost 5 yrs and 48000 miles, it has been reliable. We changed the power steering pump in warranty. other than that its been good. Good gas mileage. We have seen some sign of rusting on front passenger door. Please share experiences after 5 yrs.

2003 Sienna
By ckanderson on 08/24/06 15:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded our 1995 Camry for a Sienna because we wanted something bigger for my wife and two kids. We liked the Honda Odyssey but the dealers wouldn't bargain. The Sienna body style was changing and we picked up one of the last '03 Symphony models. The car had no problems for 20k except for brake squeal, then the OEM Dunlop tires wore out. At 30k a noise developed in the steering, power door was stuck open, and now at 35k there is an oil leak. The Toyota dealer could not fix the suspension problem after three visits and then said the noise was normal. Overall it has been reliable, but has had more mechanical problems than we expected.

Covers the Bases
By Good Van on 11/23/04 15:26 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We owned a 1999 Dodge Caravan before purchasing the 2003 Toyota Sienna Symphony. The Dodge interior was more comfortable and easier to use, but the Toyota is by far more reliable and much safer. I love Toyota reliability, and their pricing is much more competitive when compared to Honda. The 2004 has fixed most of the faults of this van, but there are a couple that bug me. It is very difficult to get into the third row of seats because the second row does not flip up or move easily to create space. There's only one car seat latch in the second row, and it's attached to the floor of the vehicle. The power door cannot be stopped when it's closing. There's too much body lean in turns.

good buy
By harshad on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

today is 2nd anniversary of our 03 sienna. I never imagined to be really competing with my wife to drive this..Just plain good ride. Quiet, smooth ride. Feels powerful, good gas milege. The only problem with it is had a squeaking power stearing gear had to replace power steering pump under warranty. No fatigue on a few trip from St. Paul to Chicago. My 3 yr old prefers this car over my 1999 altima whenver we got out and ask her choice..

Fun Car
By Charles Stow on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 3 toyota van i have owned and everyone has been GREAT.Never any repairs or problems

Toyota Sienna Minivan
By Gordon Bennett on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Minivan...easy to live with. Drives smooth and solid