2003 Toyota Sienna CE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2003 Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sort Reviews by

Love it!!
By beloved06vibe

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van (CE) used with 108,000 miles on it. The ride is smooth and the handling is very car-like. I took it to my mechanic who said the van is in great shape for a 9-year-old. He suggested I get a new timing belt, a tune-up and a coolant flush, and I'll probably get another 100k out of it! Great purchase!

Total disappointment
By bjarrette

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Sienna used from dealer, was really excited since I owned a Camry before and loved the quality, first year engine light came on had to change something in emission system, cost me over $400, year later engine light came on again this time rear airfuel ratio sensor, down stream oxygen sensor and lower catalytic converter $1197.62, I bought this mini van because I trusted the toyota brand, total disappointment, next time Honda.

The money pit.
By M S

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since I purcahesed this Toyota I have been taking this van to the dealership for repairs every 2-3 months. Check engine lights, O2 sensors are some of the more expensive repairs. I regret purchasing this van.

2003 Toyota Sienna
By Dianne Scott

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Sienna I have owned, the first being a 2000 model. I absolutely love it! It is comfortable, easily holds 7 people and rear cargo, is pretty economical on gas, and WOW does it go! I love the way it drives like a car. The only think I really don't like is there is a serious blind spot on the right rear side, but I have learned to compensate for it. Also wish the paint was more durable. I travel in my business and absolutely cannot afford to have my car in the shop. I have owned a Dodge Caravan (loved it but went thru 2 transmissions after relatively few miles) and Ford Windstar, again transmissions and it was a lumbering gashog! Not a mi

Favorite Features

Comfort, driving ease, lots of cupholders, great seats, sliding doors easy to operate.

Suggested Improvements

Correct right-side blind spot. Deflector for underbody dirt/dust that deposits on rear of vehicle. Want to control electric windows myself-can't just crack the window without it going all the way down-very frustrating! Need larger pockets for storing items between front bucket seats

worth every penny
By Barbara Anne Hormann

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very good car even with hevy miliage

Favorite Features

safety,space,monoverability

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economie

My 1999 TOY SIENNA Van
By Leo D.

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I sometimes I drive 590 - 625 miles in a day From Paso Robles to Los Angeles and then some. I enjoy the way I have control of my Toy in the city and Highways.

Favorite Features

Air Conditioned, auto windows,comfortable seats comfortable ride. Removable seats for cargo. Tow package.

Suggested Improvements

There is only Two improvements I would suggest. Greater mileage and more room to fit 5 grandchildren in car seats and two boys 4 adults but then that would be a Toyota Passanger Bus

Should've bought Honda Odyssey
By tony22r

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

VERY Disappointed in Toyota. Build quality has really gone DOWN. -Front Brakes squeal after only 7K miles -Rattling sliding door. 6K miles. VERY annoying! -Pulls to the left; alignment off since brand new. -A/C vent fell off. 5K miles -NOISY Firestone OEM tires! Replaced myself with Yokohamas, much better ride now. -Transmission hunting for gears/lunging. -3.0L V6 is underpowered, NO low-end torque at all! Must rev it High all the time to keep up with traffic; not a comfortable way to drive. Especially with fears of oil gelling/sludging in this infamous V6.

Favorite Features

*Used* to be the Toyota badge... but this minivan really is NO better than any other American minivan. POOR build quality!

Suggested Improvements

-Needs bigger, more Powerful engine -I paid $28000 OTD for *THIS* much squeeking, rattling and trouble??!! -Needs better OEM tires. The stock Firestone FR680s are JUNK! -Overall poor craftsmanship. -Forget this, go with Honda Odyssey

Say Good-by Windstar
By windstarNoMo

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After the first 6mo. of ownership, no problems or areas of dissatisfaction. The engine is economical and powerfull, well built and quiet. The interior is comfortable, plenty of room and is well structured. Every seat is removable and adjustable. Windstar was larger but we like the slightly smaller size more. The plastic lower pannels on the exterior fend off rocks and road salt and make washing/waxing easier. Brakes; Seinna's brakes are smooth, sure, refined and powerfull, very un Windstar like!

Favorite Features

The engine and transmision are silky smooth. The handling is nimble and the ride is smooth. The interior is comfortable, well thought out and loaded in the base model. The mileage is great! The BRAKES!

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights.

Less than what I expected
By HMHMHM

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was expecting a lot from all the reviews I had read. I have been disappointed in the Sienna. I have not found it to be much better than my older 1996 Grand Caravan.

Buy a Sienna
By WES

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

December 9, 2002 we traded our Camry in on a 2003 Toyota Sienna. We have driven the van for 8,400 miles so far. When we received the van, someone had filled the gas tank with bad gas so it was stalling out. We took it back to the dealer and they drained the tank and changed out the fuel injector. We also had problems with the headliner, which rattled at low speeds. The dealer had to use an adapter kit to fix the headliner. In addition the passenger side sliding door lock sending unit was defective. The dealer took care of this matter as well. Since these problems were dealt with the van is fine.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the radio controls that are attached to the steering wheel. We like the captains chairs in the front and middle seat area. We like the rear control for heat and airconditioning as well.

Suggested Improvements

We would like the van better if the sunshades were dual shades that split to cover the windshield and the side front window as well. The alarm system leaves something to be desired. We have experienced a number of false alarms, even with the van parked in the garage.