Used 2003 Toyota Sienna LE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great Van that Keeps on Running
By tfisch100

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van at the end of the 2003 model because we liked the interior better than the newer 2004 model that was being sold. We've put 144,000 niles on it and see no reason to buy something new. The repair history has been great. We've used it to transport soccer teams, drywall, furniture and babies. We installed a 2 inch receivr on the rear and use it to tow light trailers on a regular basis.

Favorite Features

Great engine pickup and performance.

8.5 yr. review
By hborgaonkar

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 8.5 yrs and 87000 miles the van has been very reliable. apart from regular maintainance, we haven't done anything to it. we did a 3000 mile trip west with 7 people last summer and got 35 mpg. apart from a rust spot on the right door, the van looks new inside out. My wife told me that when we are ready replace it, we will get another Sienna.

Favorite Features

smooth and powerful engine, functional interior, good safety features, good breaking

Suggested Improvements

I guess after 8.5 yrs the world has changed.

Check Engine Light problems
By KidHorn

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I'm happy with our Siennna. It only has 19,000 miles after 6 years, so it doesn't get a lot of use. There's an issue with the check engine light. It goes on and we take it to the dealership and they find nothing wrong. I wouldn't care too much, but the engine detects something wrong with the emission control and because of this, the car fails the state emissions test. We take it to the dealership, they run a smoke test and everything is OK. We go back for the emissions test, we fail, but since we had the car smoke tested, we get a pass for the next couple of years. We also had to replace the front tires. For some unknown reason, they wouldn't hold air.

Favorite Features

Power side door. Spacious interior.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the issue with the emissions failure. From what I've read on the internet, this is a common problem with cars that have Camry engines.

Major problems again and again
By Julie

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this van since 50K miles, now has 66K. First at 50K the rear main engine seal needed to be replaced... major job! Now at 66K the engine oil light is on. It will be in the shop for awhile, at minimum will need a new oil pump ($800) and it may need an entire new engine! I really expected much more from Toyota. What good is having the Toyota name if I need to get a different engine?? Very disappointed!

Favorite Features

Hard to find any favorites when the main part of the vehicle is substandard

Suggested Improvements

Need to get back to that Toyota reliability.

5 yr. review
By harshad

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third review on our 03 symphony. After almost 5 yrs and 48000 miles, it has been reliable. We changed the power steering pump in warranty. other than that its been good. Good gas mileage. We have seen some sign of rusting on front passenger door. Please share experiences after 5 yrs.

Favorite Features

Power sliding ddor, good power, quite, good fuel economy.