2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Love it!!
By beloved06vibe on 06/18/12 15:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van (CE) used with 108,000 miles on it. The ride is smooth and the handling is very car-like. I took it to my mechanic who said the van is in great shape for a 9-year-old. He suggested I get a new timing belt, a tune-up and a coolant flush, and I'll probably get another 100k out of it! Great purchase!

Total disappointment
By bjarrette on 02/20/12 18:33 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Sienna used from dealer, was really excited since I owned a Camry before and loved the quality, first year engine light came on had to change something in emission system, cost me over $400, year later engine light came on again this time rear airfuel ratio sensor, down stream oxygen sensor and lower catalytic converter $1197.62, I bought this mini van because I trusted the toyota brand, total disappointment, next time Honda.

Great Van that Keeps on Running
By tfisch100 on 08/14/11 20:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van at the end of the 2003 model because we liked the interior better than the newer 2004 model that was being sold. We've put 144,000 niles on it and see no reason to buy something new. The repair history has been great. We've used it to transport soccer teams, drywall, furniture and babies. We installed a 2 inch receivr on the rear and use it to tow light trailers on a regular basis.

8.5 yr. review
By hborgaonkar on 04/18/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 8.5 yrs and 87000 miles the van has been very reliable. apart from regular maintainance, we haven't done anything to it. we did a 3000 mile trip west with 7 people last summer and got 35 mpg. apart from a rust spot on the right door, the van looks new inside out. My wife told me that when we are ready replace it, we will get another Sienna.

Great history with our Sienna
By Tom on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have used this vehicle hard as our kids grew up and it has handled it well. I haven't spent over $1500 in maintenance during the 8 years I have owned it (window motor, back hatch handle, couple of oxygen sensors and a set of struts)

Great family van
By Erick on 05/18/10 04:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Sienna used about 3 years ago and we are very happy with it. We used to buy Ford Windstars but the Toyota blew them out of the water. We live in the midwest and every year take our Sienna to the mountains for camping and fishing trips and it has gone everywhere we needed it to go even off road with no issues. In the snow it is great the traction control kicks in and it is almost like driving a 4 wheel drive vehicle. It is an amazing vehicle

03 Sienna Symphony - great family ride
By Roy on 02/02/10 10:24 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned Sienna since new, lots of miles and no major problems. The vehicle has been serviced regularly, nothing out of the ordinary or short of expectations. It's not as roomy as our previous Caravan but it has NOT been to the dealer for drive train issues inside of 40k either like the Caravan!

Check Engine Light problems
By KidHorn on 08/06/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I'm happy with our Siennna. It only has 19,000 miles after 6 years, so it doesn't get a lot of use. There's an issue with the check engine light. It goes on and we take it to the dealership and they find nothing wrong. I wouldn't care too much, but the engine detects something wrong with the emission control and because of this, the car fails the state emissions test. We take it to the dealership, they run a smoke test and everything is OK. We go back for the emissions test, we fail, but since we had the car smoke tested, we get a pass for the next couple of years. We also had to replace the front tires. For some unknown reason, they wouldn't hold air.

Major problems again and again
By Julie on 01/04/09 09:11 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this van since 50K miles, now has 66K. First at 50K the rear main engine seal needed to be replaced... major job! Now at 66K the engine oil light is on. It will be in the shop for awhile, at minimum will need a new oil pump ($800) and it may need an entire new engine! I really expected much more from Toyota. What good is having the Toyota name if I need to get a different engine?? Very disappointed!

Good Van, Bad Dealership
By DJ on 12/24/08 06:54 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van in Nov. 2002. We have had no major problems with it just wear and tear items. The Sienna has been great to us we will definitely own another Toyota.