2003 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Love it!!
By beloved06vibe on 06/18/12 15:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van (CE) used with 108,000 miles on it. The ride is smooth and the handling is very car-like. I took it to my mechanic who said the van is in great shape for a 9-year-old. He suggested I get a new timing belt, a tune-up and a coolant flush, and I'll probably get another 100k out of it! Great purchase!

Total disappointment
By bjarrette on 02/20/12 18:33 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Sienna used from dealer, was really excited since I owned a Camry before and loved the quality, first year engine light came on had to change something in emission system, cost me over $400, year later engine light came on again this time rear airfuel ratio sensor, down stream oxygen sensor and lower catalytic converter $1197.62, I bought this mini van because I trusted the toyota brand, total disappointment, next time Honda.

The money pit.
By M S on 07/13/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since I purcahesed this Toyota I have been taking this van to the dealership for repairs every 2-3 months. Check engine lights, O2 sensors are some of the more expensive repairs. I regret purchasing this van.

2003 Toyota Sienna
By Dianne Scott on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Sienna I have owned, the first being a 2000 model. I absolutely love it! It is comfortable, easily holds 7 people and rear cargo, is pretty economical on gas, and WOW does it go! I love the way it drives like a car. The only think I really don't like is there is a serious blind spot on the right rear side, but I have learned to compensate for it. Also wish the paint was more durable. I travel in my business and absolutely cannot afford to have my car in the shop. I have owned a Dodge Caravan (loved it but went thru 2 transmissions after relatively few miles) and Ford Windstar, again transmissions and it was a lumbering gashog! Not a mi

worth every penny
By Barbara Anne Hormann on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very good car even with hevy miliage

My 1999 TOY SIENNA Van
By Leo D. on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I sometimes I drive 590 - 625 miles in a day From Paso Robles to Los Angeles and then some. I enjoy the way I have control of my Toy in the city and Highways.

Should've bought Honda Odyssey
By tony22r on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

VERY Disappointed in Toyota. Build quality has really gone DOWN. -Front Brakes squeal after only 7K miles -Rattling sliding door. 6K miles. VERY annoying! -Pulls to the left; alignment off since brand new. -A/C vent fell off. 5K miles -NOISY Firestone OEM tires! Replaced myself with Yokohamas, much better ride now. -Transmission hunting for gears/lunging. -3.0L V6 is underpowered, NO low-end torque at all! Must rev it High all the time to keep up with traffic; not a comfortable way to drive. Especially with fears of oil gelling/sludging in this infamous V6.

Say Good-by Windstar
By windstarNoMo on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After the first 6mo. of ownership, no problems or areas of dissatisfaction. The engine is economical and powerfull, well built and quiet. The interior is comfortable, plenty of room and is well structured. Every seat is removable and adjustable. Windstar was larger but we like the slightly smaller size more. The plastic lower pannels on the exterior fend off rocks and road salt and make washing/waxing easier. Brakes; Seinna's brakes are smooth, sure, refined and powerfull, very un Windstar like!

Less than what I expected
By HMHMHM on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was expecting a lot from all the reviews I had read. I have been disappointed in the Sienna. I have not found it to be much better than my older 1996 Grand Caravan.

Buy a Sienna
By WES on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

December 9, 2002 we traded our Camry in on a 2003 Toyota Sienna. We have driven the van for 8,400 miles so far. When we received the van, someone had filled the gas tank with bad gas so it was stalling out. We took it back to the dealer and they drained the tank and changed out the fuel injector. We also had problems with the headliner, which rattled at low speeds. The dealer had to use an adapter kit to fix the headliner. In addition the passenger side sliding door lock sending unit was defective. The dealer took care of this matter as well. Since these problems were dealt with the van is fine.