Used 2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Warning for Future Buyers
By WeileMom

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I've loved our Sienna XLE. We traded in a 2000 LE that had oil gelling and planned to keep the XLE for 10 years. However, we have many complaints, the largest being squeaky breaks-a known Sienna problem since 2001. The breaks don't just squeak- they SCREAM! I would love to hear from other people with the same problem because Toyota says they can do absolutely nothing. The mechanics at Toyota told me to brake harder!! Also, the paint is bad and chips easily; the carpet colors are too light and show dirt; we have had a couple of warrantied things replaced. My husband is 6'5" and his knees touch the dashboard on the passenger side.

Favorite Features

power sliding doors; split, folding rear seat; moonroof; good gas mileage, we get about 400 miles to a tank.

Suggested Improvements

See review.

What happened Toyota
By Tmc

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was a hardcore Toyota fan until this vehicle. I moved from a Previa to this Sienna and have been miserable ever since. Engine noise, Unrepairable squeaky brakes, etc. I might as weel have bought a Ford and saved myself a few bucks. Oh What a Feeling....yea maybe, but never again. Honda!

Favorite Features

NA

Suggested Improvements

Bring that old Toyota quality back!

We love our Sienna CE
By njm

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After having our van for over 1 year we love it. We've gone on long trips with 5 people and it has been very comfortable. We love the way it looks! I drive about 50 to 100 miles a day for my job and I love the handling, cd player, radio. There is plenty of room for my toys (I do therapy with kids in their homes). We have regular maintenance done and we have had no problems. We bought the van for Toyota quality and hope to keep it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Being able to remove the seats to haul items. Body design and color (sand). Airconditioning is excellent. Room for 7 people.

Suggested Improvements

Very back seat is a little short in leg room. My husband complains about the lack of leg room for the driver's seat. We wish we had the feature of the fold down into the vehicle back seats instead of having to take them out - it is a feature in the 2004.

Toyota = peace of mind
By Indiglo

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My family has always owned a toyota vehicle, and all of us have been very happy with the quality and durability delivered by Toyota.In 2002 I bought a new Sienna XLE.Can't complain about it! One can still see the same quality and better yet a much improved product.Toyota,in my opinion is a free maintenance vehicle.Toyota price is well worth it,you pay for what you get.I compared it with other friend's minivans and mine has not ever been to the shop! theirs dozens! their brakes have worn out in about 20's mls.Mine has close to 35's and still 40%left of great material and so it goes on.

Favorite Features

all

Suggested Improvements

I guest that the 2004 has all I needed in my 2002

Wobble Wobble
By TCG

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a Toyota over a Chrysler for the Quality. However, it developed a wobble highway speeds at about 8500 miles. Have balanced the Dunlop tires 3 times and eventually replaced them, but the wobble is still there!! Extremely irratating to drive especially when the dealer says it's just the road not the van.

Favorite Features

Integrity of Vehicle, Comfort and smooth engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas Mileage. Replace the JBL sound system with Bose. The Symphony model with the upgraded JBL system has a long way to go to be even acceptable.