2002 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Best out there
By WOW on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have had many vans including many American Vans This continues to be the best

MY SIENNA
By SAMUEL J. BARNES on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I PURCHASED THIS SIENNA BECAUSE OF TOYOTAS REPUTATION AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH TOYOTA. IT RIDES LIKE A CAR.I LIKE THE DESIGN. THE DRIVERS ARM REST COULD BE A LITTLE LOWER AND IT COULD USE MOULDING ON THE SIDES TO PROTECT THE DOORS BUT I AM VERY PLEASED OVERALL.

speedometer broke in two days
By johem on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I liked my old toyota carolla a lot. But this van got the speedometer broke second day. I am nervous about the quality of this particular toyota vechicle.

2002 Sienna Symphony
By E L on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our Sienna Symphony is a great minivan for the price. Our only complaint is that we only get about 20-22 mpg on 3.0l V-6 engine. Our 1993 Grand Voyager with 3.3l engine still gets around 18- 20 mpg. We believe that our new minivan which has a smaller engine displacement and smaller size overall should get a bit more than a mile per gallon than a 10-year old minivan.

Engine White Smoke
By me890 on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After just a few months and 6000 miles i'm seeing white smoke on startup. Looks like the engine is on its way to sludge failure. Stay away from all Toyotas and Lexus with this V6 engine.

Awsome family vehicle
By Jimtsr on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really wanted to get a SUV, but wife insisted on the functionality of a mini van. Now that we have it, I am converted to the world of mini van fans. The Sienna XLE is a very well designed vehicle that offers practicallity and luxury at the same time.

the rattler
By Bill Liu on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Sienna during its first year of introduction and have driven 36,000 miles in 36 months. After 6,000 miles, the mini-van started to rattle at various parts. One of the door screw fell off. After balancing the tires, all the rattles went away except for the sliding door at 30mph. The firestone tires are definitely the cause. Emmision test mechanic told me that other owners also have the same complaint. The second seat arm rest is too weak. When passenger exit the van, they tend to use the arm rest as a rail to avoid falling. this tends to losen the arm rest. I suspect a heavy person can lean on the arm rest and break it.

Great Minivan
By Greg D on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After months of searching for the right minivan I brought home the Siena. Kudos to Toyota! This seemingly flawless, comfortable minivan is a great drive. Not to mention the fact that its ABS probably saved me and my son from a wreck when a driver went through a red. I took the Siena on our first family trip (2 adults and 2 kids in car seats) from NY to North Carolina. Put the cruise control on (after the first 1000 miles)and just enjoyed the ride. At times we had 7 passengers in the car comforably ( and my family ain't small). Honda may win all the rewards- but when it comes to overall refinement both in the ride and interior comfort- Toyota is simply the best.

Buy a MPV
By Johnson on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Toyota makes a great product but the sienna is not one of them. The suspension is soft but not comfortable ad bad handling. Tried every type of gasoline on the face of this earth and got 19 mpg at best. Just bought bought a MAZDA MPV fot he wife and it has been great. Paid so much ore for so much less STAY AWAY FROM THE SIENNA!!!!

Very nice van
By dmakoski on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at the Honda Ody but it offered no leg room in the passenger seat.