2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Perfect family mobile
By metrojo on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice amenedies for a van. The style is better than most. The interior offers a very quite and comfortable ride. Acceleration is very good- no problems getting onto the freeway. The van is remarkably well built and trouble-free. The engine and tranny are smooth and work effortlessly toghether.

Not my favorite car
By Sunny1 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Compared to my old Plymouth Voyager, I am very disappointed. There is hardly any trunk space. In order to fold the rear seats down, the headrests must first be removed. And then there is not sufficient under seat space to store them, so they take up space in my garage. Plus the headrests are so bulky that they interfere with my vision while backing out of a parking space. There is also not much space up front to store stuff. You can't put anything under the seats because of the seat mechanisms. And there is not much space between the front seats or between the rear and front seats. I do not plan to purchase the Sienna again.

BRAKES SQUEAK
By Margaret T. on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had three Toyota cars before purchasing the Sienna van. I have never had a problem with any of the cars, so I expected the same with the Sienna. I like the van, except for the brakes. They squeak every time you stop. It is making me crazy. I am now shopping for a new van even though it is only two years old. I am not sure I will buy another Toyota. I am looking at the Honda vans/suvs.

Is this normal?
By PM9003 on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my wife a Sienna because she'd had 3 Chrysler minivans and wore out multiple transmissions on each. After odometer hit 30,000 she asked me if why it hasn't had a recall or been in the shop yet for anything but oil changes. Is this normal? - she asked. I answered smugly - Yes, for a Toyota. Her Sienna has been all over the country with ZERO hiccups. Every Chrysler minivan had been in the shop at least twice a year and did little to instill driver confidence for a long road trip. I figure that we average 27 mpg at 70 mph. Any other minivans want to try that?

Random problems
By mbinpa on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We went with the Toyota because of its reliability reputation. Well, I am researching other vans because for the second time in 2 years we've got major problems. The first time it took 3 trips to the dealership for them to find a cracked fuel tank. They said they have never seen damage like it in a new car. Yesterday it started grinding and whining, Today it wouldn't go into gear and has been towed to the dealership. We think the transmission is shot. Can you say lemon? (should have gone with the honda)

Warning for Future Buyers
By WeileMom on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I've loved our Sienna XLE. We traded in a 2000 LE that had oil gelling and planned to keep the XLE for 10 years. However, we have many complaints, the largest being squeaky breaks-a known Sienna problem since 2001. The breaks don't just squeak- they SCREAM! I would love to hear from other people with the same problem because Toyota says they can do absolutely nothing. The mechanics at Toyota told me to brake harder!! Also, the paint is bad and chips easily; the carpet colors are too light and show dirt; we have had a couple of warrantied things replaced. My husband is 6'5" and his knees touch the dashboard on the passenger side.

What happened Toyota
By Tmc on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was a hardcore Toyota fan until this vehicle. I moved from a Previa to this Sienna and have been miserable ever since. Engine noise, Unrepairable squeaky brakes, etc. I might as weel have bought a Ford and saved myself a few bucks. Oh What a Feeling....yea maybe, but never again. Honda!

We love our Sienna CE
By njm on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After having our van for over 1 year we love it. We've gone on long trips with 5 people and it has been very comfortable. We love the way it looks! I drive about 50 to 100 miles a day for my job and I love the handling, cd player, radio. There is plenty of room for my toys (I do therapy with kids in their homes). We have regular maintenance done and we have had no problems. We bought the van for Toyota quality and hope to keep it for a long time.

Toyota = peace of mind
By Indiglo on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My family has always owned a toyota vehicle, and all of us have been very happy with the quality and durability delivered by Toyota.In 2002 I bought a new Sienna XLE.Can't complain about it! One can still see the same quality and better yet a much improved product.Toyota,in my opinion is a free maintenance vehicle.Toyota price is well worth it,you pay for what you get.I compared it with other friend's minivans and mine has not ever been to the shop! theirs dozens! their brakes have worn out in about 20's mls.Mine has close to 35's and still 40%left of great material and so it goes on.

Wobble Wobble
By TCG on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a Toyota over a Chrysler for the Quality. However, it developed a wobble highway speeds at about 8500 miles. Have balanced the Dunlop tires 3 times and eventually replaced them, but the wobble is still there!! Extremely irratating to drive especially when the dealer says it's just the road not the van.