2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
2002 Sienna 3.0 V6 - 113K
By jackman7 on 04/16/13 07:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 2002, now 113k. Overall a great buy for us. Tires a problem with wear due to frt. end weight. You will replace rotors if you do not replace pads earlier than expected. We only get 12-14k on a set of front pads just to be safe. Wife's van; she's a little speedy. Rear shoes repl @ 65k. Normal maintenance items; timing belt @ 90k, change trans fluid every 35-40k, coolant @ 70k, plugs @ 60k. Front end parts great though must keep aligned. No problems with doors but recommend periodic greasing of all. Engine and transmission still pull like new (knock on wood). Please report on this site engine/transmission problems and mileage occurred.

over 370,000...
By cab_man on 07/31/12 00:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My sienna was purchased with 84,000 miles on it, it has been a taxi for 3 years now and has over 370,000 miles... normal maintanence and some minor interior annoyances, but this van has been fantastic. transmission is starting to slip now, but hey, look at the hard miles it gets as a taxi....looking for another sienna to replace it now.

Silver Train
By drewsmithwick on 03/18/11 17:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a Sienna Symphony model and boy is it great. It does everything right and has never had one problem. It tows, holds cargo and people, and never has broken down. It isn't engaging to drive but it gets the job. This car is a true man van.

Great Car
By Toyota Lover on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drove this car for 8 years and enjoyed driving it daily. Had an accident two weeks ago (rear ended) that should have injured everyone in the car, but it held up and we all walked away. GREAT CAR!

Old reliable
By Godfrey10 on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A good old reliable piece of transportation. Only trouble have been with the electric windows up front-kind of spendy to fix. also the passenger doors keep sticking. Overall, at 90,000 an extremely reliable van-it's a Toyota after all.

Old faithful
By tstevens on 03/29/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van specifically for moving 5 adults and luggage across the country several times in the year. It handled the job nicely and even the teenage boys (who spread themselves out) seemed comfortable for multi-day car trips. We put 24,000 miles on it in the first 9 months. Gas mileage was only fair but didn't waver much between loaded and empty (20-23 mpg). Had trouble with sliding door mechanisms and the parts aren't cheap. Brakes haven't been a problem as I've been reading in other posts. We have 180,000 on ours and I venture to say it will go to 250,000 no problem.

Column stick
By Sandra Wilson on 02/21/10 19:44 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like my Sienna except for an occasional problem. When I go to put the van into Park, it sticks in Reverse. Since this is an occasional issue, I now leave my foot on the break until the van is turned off!!

Overall above average
By H. Zhao on 01/24/10 16:02 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Brought brand new in 2002. No major issues with van. Now over 150000 miles and still running like new with regular oil change every 3500 miles and timing belt/engine tune at 110000 miles. One problem was the front passenger side break squeaks often after 15000 miles and problem went away after replace front rotor at 110000 miles. Starter went dead at 85000 miles. Other than that, very reliable.

02 Sienna XLE Minivan a Great Vehicle!
By Ken on 9/11/2009 on 09/11/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What a great vehicle. This van has traveled all over the US and Canada in all types of weather. Never had a problem! It has hauled the family with 2 children and dog very comfortably. It now has 96,000 miles, and with proper maintenance every 3-5000 miles, it has been the best van we have owned (2 GM previously). The Sienna has even pulled a trailer on occasion showing lots of power. Gas mileage has been about 26 mpg highway/21 mpg in town. Toyota by far knows how to make a reliable, stylish vehicle with performance! We have purchased 2 additional Toyotas and once again they are excellent.

So far so great!
By MightyOlive on 09/03/09 23:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving this van for 8 yrs now without any major problems. The engine and transmission still runs like new. Had oil changed every 3,000 miles (using Synthetic High mile oil after 140,000 miles). It is so smooth and quiet. Replaced Transmission oil every 30K, timing belt/water pump at 120K. Only had a problem (Engine check light) with error code P1135 last week. Replaced with A/F sensor heater (costs me $220 with genuine Toyota part). It might be OK if I should have mechanic to reset it (I regret) because I put emission cleaner to the gas last week. No problem at all so far. Very happy.