Used 2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Good choice.
By Bill

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well made van. Of course it is the only van we have owned. It is basically a Camry.

Dual sliding doors.

Armrests could be better padded.

Great Car
By John Wallace

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I would be writing accolades for a minivan, but here I am, doing just that. Absolutely the best family vehicle you could own for a family of four or more. Very peppy engine, handling is great, mileage is pretty good and the best thing is you can put everything plus the kitchen sink in this vehicle on trips to grandma's. We bought a small tv for the kids to use during trips, no fancy drop down dvd, and it works great with their earphones, for $200 or so.

Very well built, great ride, decent mileage and enough space for everbody.

Can't think of any, but I just paid this vehicle off, and already my wife is bugging me about getting the '06 Sienna.

Sienna 01
By cac

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

75,000 miles and still on orginal brake pads. Dealer says I still good to go though I keep saying- surely I need to replace them now. Only problem is a sticky automatic side door.

towing and passenger space

hybrid version

sienna
By Carol Burhenn

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. Mileage is about 27 miles /gal. highway. The ride is great and I love the spaciousness. I can drive long distances without tiring. The only things that I would change are some of the things that Toyota has done with the new ones - 2nd seat side windows should move, back seats should drop into the floor. I do wish that they would have put an outdoor thermometer on it.

It is spacioius and very comfortable. My 91 year old 5' mother can easily get into and out it.

Going to trade it in
By Rich Maloney

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Electrical system is a problem: passenger side window does not work. Started happening during warranty period, however, dealer, could not find problem existed. Now no longer works. Computer: Problem lights keeping coming on: low air for tire, engine problem, etc. We have had them checked at the dealer and they just reset for a cost. Also, Bayridge Toyota of Brooklyn NY stated that the engine problem was from over filling the gas tank and a repair of $800. Body: This car dents very easily.

Better cupholders