2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
lemon from the start
By tshirt man on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

vibration in front end they rebalanced the tires.still noticed vibration this time they told me wheels needed aligment.guess what it became worse.this time they said the rotors are warp on front and they recut rotors on new van.they said this can happen. guess they were wrong still vibrates now they said back drums needed to be cut. guess what now it vibrates plus when you back out of garage brake shoes band. took it back and they said i needed aligment again and it was normal for shoes to bang backing up.guess what now it vibrates and pulls to the right and bangs backing up.took it back and now they said it i

Many Problems
By Mickalous on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this vehicle I had high expectations. Being rated number two and Toyota suposed to be the best screwed together car. Sorry to say the van has had lots of little problems. Doors that won't open. Removable seats that do not latch in securly. Poor paint quality. Lots of plastic pieces falling off or coming loose. High amount of maintenance required like tire rotation every 6000 miles. Plus service managers that treat you poorly. Took me 6 weeks to get a simple part.

rated
By minivanman on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Pricey? but reliable and stylish

Works for me!
By Axle on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great Van so far - no compaints except minor rattling in the side doors.

Almost There...
By First Toyota Van on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Being hard to please, I find this vehicle worth owning. It is our first van and I'm glad we have it. We have two children and an 80lb dog that fit just perfectly. If my family were larger, I'd probably go with something larger. I'm still trying to figure out why people don't like the look of this vehicle.

Sienna LE 2001 - Excellent Minivan
By innovations2 on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Needed a vehicle that could carry multiple passengers plus camping gear and 2 large dogs. Our Sienna has been extremely reliable. We just carried 3 mountain bikes strapped down to the roof rack and brought along our two 80+ lb dogs and 3 kids plus all our camping gear. The van is a great long distance cruiser. The van scored better in safety than almost all other vans. No road noise.

Seat Problem
By glgibson on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The front passenger seat is very uncomfortable for someone with short legs. My wife is actually in pain if she sits there for only 45 min. to an hour. We've tried extra padding, putting things under her feet, etc. If the height of the seat, the tilt of the seat (front of seat tilted down slightly) it sure would be nice. The driver's seat is pretty good for her but that would be better if the tilt of the seat could be changed. 'd even appreciate that just to help change the position at times.

Toyota Sienna
By tbone on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

An execellent van. A little on the small side for a family of 4 or more. No real complaints except that it was kind of pricey.

Sienna -- Perfect moving appliance
By TIPSTER on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love the mini van -- can not go wrong. May not have the excitment of others but so what. I want a family car that is reliable, safe to drive and is decent in every other area. I know the design of the Toyota is a little dated and it can not fit a 4x8 wood sheet in the back, but when was the last time you needed to haul whole plywood sheets around. It has plenty of use for 99% of the time. We tested the Chryler and it had a plusher ride but came up way short in many other area.

Great Minivan!
By stkgator on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great minivan although but a bit on the small size. Fun and comfortable to drive. Would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.