Used 2001 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sienna 01
By cac

2001 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

75,000 miles and still on orginal brake pads. Dealer says I still good to go though I keep saying- surely I need to replace them now. Only problem is a sticky automatic side door.

towing and passenger space

hybrid version

sienna
By Carol Burhenn

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. Mileage is about 27 miles /gal. highway. The ride is great and I love the spaciousness. I can drive long distances without tiring. The only things that I would change are some of the things that Toyota has done with the new ones - 2nd seat side windows should move, back seats should drop into the floor. I do wish that they would have put an outdoor thermometer on it.

It is spacioius and very comfortable. My 91 year old 5' mother can easily get into and out it.

Going to trade it in
By Rich Maloney

2001 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Electrical system is a problem: passenger side window does not work. Started happening during warranty period, however, dealer, could not find problem existed. Now no longer works. Computer: Problem lights keeping coming on: low air for tire, engine problem, etc. We have had them checked at the dealer and they just reset for a cost. Also, Bayridge Toyota of Brooklyn NY stated that the engine problem was from over filling the gas tank and a repair of $800. Body: This car dents very easily.

Better cupholders

Tried em all- none compare to the Sienna
By Cassie

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased an '01 brand new. I have loved it from day one. It has never given me a problem. We have done nothing to it but the normal oil changes, transmission fluid changes and brakes. Outstanding vehicle. In the market for a new one and not happy with the expensive option packages for '05. Spent all day yesterday test driving all the competition- conclusion: yes some are much cheaper but theres no comparison in looks, comfort, drive to the toyota. Back to the toyota dealership we went and made a deal. I'm getting another toyota sienna.

comfort, interior, RELIABILITY!!!!!! Couldnt ask for a more reliable vehicle and I live in Vermont- road salt can destory a vehicle.

stiffer seats! I like a seat with a lot of support.

Impressed by Toyota
By dh

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Decent space for family of 6. Nice interior, comfortable seats. Exc sound sys (prem.). So-so heat in MN winter. Good AC. Gets 26 mpg carrying a full load on hwy. The only problem is that the driver's mirror has become balky. NO other problems. Best reliability of anything we've owned. Nothing rattles or squeaks. I bought it primarily for the power. I was stunned at how quick the Sienna moved when I test drove it. More understeer than I like but that's FWD for you, replacement tires helped a lot. I'm buying more Toyotas!

Excellent power for a mini-van. Amazingly responsive engine. Great build quality (zero issues) and excellent reliability (one minor problem so far).

Any vehicle could be improved. Make middle/rear seat attachments to the same plan so seating could be rearranged in more ways. Tighter turning radius would help. Economy-mode shifting would probably help city MPG (seems to like lower gears). Rear/side visibility somewhat restricted.