Used 2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

A quiet, refined vehicle
By H. KESTNER

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent vehicle, the best I've owned in 40 years of driving. It is responsive to a fault...no sag, no pause...just a nice smooth flow of power and control.

Favorite Features

Quiet, quiet, quiet plus a drive train response that is silky. Its a minivan but acts like a sedan.

Suggested Improvements

The latest models have "fold into the floor" rear seats...a major improvement from my 2001 "lug-it-out" design.

It's a Toyota
By UKkid89

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Didn't intend to spend that much when we bought it 5 years ago but it's been worth it. This is my 7th Toyota and it has been just as reliable as all the others. And when I say reliable I don't mean how some people mean it. It now has over 64500 miles and I just changed the brakes, tires at 40000, and air filters every 30000, nothing else on it has ever been replaced. The only thing the 2 dodge grand caravans I've had over this vehicle is interior volume.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, easy handling, good get up and go for a small engine, good gas mileage, nice lay out. I could go on and on and ....

Suggested Improvements

The inside could be a couple inches wider from the rear door to the front seats. A 4x8 sheet of plywood really messes up the interior. Could also be at least 6 inches longer from the backs of the front seats to the rear door. A 4x8 sheet doesn't fit inside with the door closed.

Good choice.
By Bill

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well made van. Of course it is the only van we have owned. It is basically a Camry.

Favorite Features

Dual sliding doors.

Suggested Improvements

Armrests could be better padded.

Great Car
By John Wallace

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I would be writing accolades for a minivan, but here I am, doing just that. Absolutely the best family vehicle you could own for a family of four or more. Very peppy engine, handling is great, mileage is pretty good and the best thing is you can put everything plus the kitchen sink in this vehicle on trips to grandma's. We bought a small tv for the kids to use during trips, no fancy drop down dvd, and it works great with their earphones, for $200 or so.

Favorite Features

Very well built, great ride, decent mileage and enough space for everbody.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any, but I just paid this vehicle off, and already my wife is bugging me about getting the '06 Sienna.

Sienna 01
By cac

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

75,000 miles and still on orginal brake pads. Dealer says I still good to go though I keep saying- surely I need to replace them now. Only problem is a sticky automatic side door.

Favorite Features

towing and passenger space

Suggested Improvements

hybrid version