2001 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Don't want to let go!
By Ronnie on 08/19/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a few expensive repairs beyond maintenance, maybe around $1500, but after 7 years and over 100,000 miles, to be expected. I love this van. Went from transporting youngsters and friends to loading in big Christmas trees, picking up loads of IKEA materials, loading screen doors, dry wall, moving kids to college and first apts., etc. Drives like a wonderful car. Very comfortable. Great stereo system. Good AC/defrost/heater, etc. If only it got a little better gas mileage. But it is a van, after all.

Decent, but disappointed
By Jim on 06/14/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this minivan in 2001. Our first choice was a Honda Odyssey, but in that year Hondas were so in demand we'd have to order one and wait. The Toyota Sienna has been a decent alternative. We have traveled across the country with it and it has never broken down. It has issues, however. Among them are the engine light and low tire inflation light constantly going on and annoying little repairs (struts, CV joints, shocks, and assorted other annoyances) such that I generally have to sink $2000 every two years into the thing to keep it going. Most recent repair bill in April '08 was just under $2000. Brakes seem to need to be replaced often.

Minor Issues only at 210,000 KM
By Joey on 05/04/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one new in 2000. Currently at 210,000 KM (130,000 miles) Have replaced brake pads once at 120,000 km. Other than that only regular maintenance. Driver side power window motor sounds like a bearing is worn. Kids are older, probably will sell it and get a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle. Paid 29,000 CAD in 2000, can sell easily now for about 8,000. No complaints here, obviously.

Great Car!
By Dagwood55 on 07/12/06 06:29 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our '01 Sienna new in June of '02. No problems with it at all. I tested several other minivans and was astonished at the power of the 3.0L V6 in this car and that's the principal reason I bought it. It also impressed as being quiet, comfortable and solid. After 62K miles, it's just as quiet as the day we bought it. We've gotten 26mpg on many long trips, which seems good for a van. Excellent features and sound system. The driver's side electric mirror has become a little balky and the power door needs a minor adjustment. NO other problems. Our experience with this has led us to buy two more Toyotas since, which are also great cars.

Toyota Sienna - Excellent mini van
By Satisfied consumer on 03/06/06 11:11 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drives like a car. Purchased for its reliability and safety rating. I wanted something safe for passengers (children in the car.) It has lived up to all expectations in terms of comfort, performance and reliability. We are on the highways a lot here - no complaints about acceleration. Excellent turning radius. After five years, still like the way it looks, inside and out.

A quiet, refined vehicle
By H. KESTNER on 03/01/06 19:26 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent vehicle, the best I've owned in 40 years of driving. It is responsive to a fault...no sag, no pause...just a nice smooth flow of power and control.

It's a Toyota
By UKkid89 on 02/06/06 15:56 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Didn't intend to spend that much when we bought it 5 years ago but it's been worth it. This is my 7th Toyota and it has been just as reliable as all the others. And when I say reliable I don't mean how some people mean it. It now has over 64500 miles and I just changed the brakes, tires at 40000, and air filters every 30000, nothing else on it has ever been replaced. The only thing the 2 dodge grand caravans I've had over this vehicle is interior volume.

Good choice.
By Bill on 12/15/05 12:11 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well made van. Of course it is the only van we have owned. It is basically a Camry.

Great Car
By John Wallace on 11/17/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I would be writing accolades for a minivan, but here I am, doing just that. Absolutely the best family vehicle you could own for a family of four or more. Very peppy engine, handling is great, mileage is pretty good and the best thing is you can put everything plus the kitchen sink in this vehicle on trips to grandma's. We bought a small tv for the kids to use during trips, no fancy drop down dvd, and it works great with their earphones, for $200 or so.

Sienna 01
By cac on 10/22/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

75,000 miles and still on orginal brake pads. Dealer says I still good to go though I keep saying- surely I need to replace them now. Only problem is a sticky automatic side door.