Used 2001 Toyota Sienna LE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Best Car ever!
By rippingmk

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Original Owners of this 2001 Toyota sienna got it way back in 2001 and just keeps on chugging along. Only one big big project was done on it and that was transmission replacement because the fluid was getting burnt. 99,741 I'm expecting to see 100,000 miles within the next 2 weeks!`

TV, CD Rom and tape player, Beautiful Sound System.

This car is over 11 years old but here is what I would see done differently. Back Seats need to be done differently!

Good Boring Van
By 631rob1991

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drove it to 240,000 miles with no problems. Great quality reliable ride. But about as boring as can be and had a smaller interior then most other mini vans. Overall positive thoughts about the 01 Sienna.

Babe Magnet
By VanMan

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am amazed by the reviews on here, some honestly just make me laugh, I run full synthetic, and run 3k mile oil change runs, never had an issue with sludge. My interior takes a beating (not by kids, but snowboards, mountain bikes, and drunken friends) I have replaced the brakes twice in the front, the rears i believe are original, pads in NYC cost me 35 bucks a wheel to replace. rotors are 50 bucks each. The seats are super comfortable, and the ride is better then my friends 99 deville. The seats could be uncomfortable if you are huge, but then just pull the back seats out and roll yourself in.

200k miles and just basic maintenance

Bring back the Previa, the new toyota's are designed for monkeys or really fat people, with long arms and short legs.

Decent, but disappointed
By Jim

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this minivan in 2001. Our first choice was a Honda Odyssey, but in that year Hondas were so in demand we'd have to order one and wait. The Toyota Sienna has been a decent alternative. We have traveled across the country with it and it has never broken down. It has issues, however. Among them are the engine light and low tire inflation light constantly going on and annoying little repairs (struts, CV joints, shocks, and assorted other annoyances) such that I generally have to sink $2000 every two years into the thing to keep it going. Most recent repair bill in April '08 was just under $2000. Brakes seem to need to be replaced often.

Performance, acceleration, comfort, versatility with seating, and fuel economy.

Do something about those dummy lights! Very annoying. I heard about Toyota reliability, and while it's not as bad as our former Pontiac minivan, I'm disappointed with the number and cost of repairs. Over $5,000 in repairs the last 3 years. Kinda expensive if you ask me.

Minor Issues only at 210,000 KM
By Joey

2001 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one new in 2000. Currently at 210,000 KM (130,000 miles) Have replaced brake pads once at 120,000 km. Other than that only regular maintenance. Driver side power window motor sounds like a bearing is worn. Kids are older, probably will sell it and get a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle. Paid 29,000 CAD in 2000, can sell easily now for about 8,000. No complaints here, obviously.

Reliability, comfort, looks.