Used 2001 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Best Car ever!
By rippingmk

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Original Owners of this 2001 Toyota sienna got it way back in 2001 and just keeps on chugging along. Only one big big project was done on it and that was transmission replacement because the fluid was getting burnt. 99,741 I'm expecting to see 100,000 miles within the next 2 weeks!`

TV, CD Rom and tape player, Beautiful Sound System.

This car is over 11 years old but here is what I would see done differently. Back Seats need to be done differently!

Good Boring Van
By 631rob1991

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drove it to 240,000 miles with no problems. Great quality reliable ride. But about as boring as can be and had a smaller interior then most other mini vans. Overall positive thoughts about the 01 Sienna.

never another toyota
By skiing family

2001 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We had high expectations but found that the vehicle was plagued with expensive maintenance issues. We have spent nearly $10,000 on mechanical repairs and maintenance over 9 years. Mountain trips with kids and their gear too much for brakes, several complete rebuilds. We finally had brakes retro-fitted with racing discs and pads. We've replaced 3 alternators, two O2 sensors, 2 overdrive solenoids. Service support has been poor. We live in a large city, but parts are never on the shelf. Each time we have required a repair we have lost use of the car for 2 or more days. Over nine years, not with standing routine service, we have probably lost use of the car for 20 to 30 days.

Well finished interior. Good power and handling for a mini-van. Lots of interior space. Fairly good in snow (very good with 4 wheel studded tires).

Toyota service is poor and overly costly. Equivalent service for our ford, saturn and infiniti is less costly. Toyota parts suport is poor. It appears that the engine and transmission monitoring systems are poorly engineered and manufactured. The brakes are severely under built.

Babe Magnet
By VanMan

2001 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am amazed by the reviews on here, some honestly just make me laugh, I run full synthetic, and run 3k mile oil change runs, never had an issue with sludge. My interior takes a beating (not by kids, but snowboards, mountain bikes, and drunken friends) I have replaced the brakes twice in the front, the rears i believe are original, pads in NYC cost me 35 bucks a wheel to replace. rotors are 50 bucks each. The seats are super comfortable, and the ride is better then my friends 99 deville. The seats could be uncomfortable if you are huge, but then just pull the back seats out and roll yourself in.

200k miles and just basic maintenance

Bring back the Previa, the new toyota's are designed for monkeys or really fat people, with long arms and short legs.

Very Happy with my 2001 Sienna.
By DaveB

2001 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new.Now have over 300k km and it just keeps going and going. Never had a major repair. Firm believer in preventative maintenance. Did all recommended maintenance exactly as prescribed in manual and have not had any problems. Lost rear wheel bearings at 260K km but fronts still in good condition. It has survived two teenage drivers and is a favorite for group road trips. Always had part of a sports team on-board going somewhere. Very comfortable to drive. I have since purchased 2 used 2001 corollas in 2004 and 2008 for my kids attending university and they just keep going and going. My non Toyota mechanic can't believe the condition of all 3 cars. 2001 was a very good year for Toyotas.

Dependability.

Customer service. Moved last year. Original dealer where I bought the Van and 2 corollas were fabulous to deal with but new location such a turn off that I could not bring myself to buy a Toyota from them. Bought a new mazda instead. I again feel valued as a customer.