2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Solid with Minor Hhiccups

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

Solid with Minor Hhiccups
By 130guy on

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Having owned it for close to 4.5 years, I am satisfied regardless of high price. Have had repeated skipping with the CD player but Toyota replaced it no questions asked. I've also had to bring it in twice to correct a design flaw that led to a blown rear heater line leaking fluid. One problem is the captains seat in center row have seatbelts that lock WAY too easy. Gas mileage has been less than I had hoped for, but the ride is smooth as ever and I love the ability to remove each seat individually, as well as hand controls on wheel for radio. I would say that I'm not 100% thrilled but am blinded by the ever-slick tranny and solid construction.

Smooth transmission, solidly built.

One item that drives me nuts is that there is no way to control the interior lighting in the rear from drivers seat, and to change from cold to hot air in rear you have to reach over your shoulder in drivers seat and flip a switch on roof - not Toyota typical engineering!