2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: 202,000 miles and going strong

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

202,000 miles and going strong!
By smrheinhardt on

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I would have loved to have given it 10's across the board, but it is a minivan! I bought this van from the original owner just over six years ago with 65,000 miles. He was very meticulous with maintenance as am I, and it has really paid off. In my time of ownership I have just done my second timing belt, a new battery, starter, brakes, tires, struts, and wheel bearings. All a reasonable amount of work for 200k, and all preventative. Nothing has ever actually broke on it! The catalytic converter is starting to go finally, and will be $650 to replace when it does. I will happily pay this, as the van still runs as smooth as the day I bought it!

I have the no frills base model, but I love the Toyota reliability! Dual sliding doors are great! And the fuel economy is well above average for a vehicle this size.

Leather seats, and automatic doors would be cool, but again this is the base model. You get what you pay for and I am sure Toyota offers these options.