It saved our lives
By bandman on
2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan
I have to say that this van has been a joy to own. It has gone to Florida many times, plus served well as "Mom's School Bus". On July 9, 2003 we were in an accident with 4 other vehicles. We were hit from behind. The lady who hit us paniced and pushed us into 4 other vehicles. I have to say that the way this van was built saved our lives. The van had $10,300 in damage, but the passenger cabin was in very good condition after all was said and done. We did have to go to the hospital, and had some serious bumps and bruises, but I feel the body of this van, along with seatbelts, saved our lives.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature without a doubt is the electric door. My 5-year-old (now 8) called it the "Princess door". She loved being able to let herself out at school with out moma or papa's help.
Suggested Improvements
The airbags did not work on our van in the accident July 9. They are saying that it was because of the angles we hit the other vehicles. I think that after hitting 3 cars, one hard enough to knock the entire back end off a truck, the airbags probably should have worked!