2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Sienna worth the price
By alamedasims on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I have owned a Toyota Sienna XLE for 2 years now. After 21000 miles we've had no mechanical problems at all. The leather interior still smells like new. The van is extremely comfortable and quiet; I would choose it any day over a standard luxury car. The trade off is performance; it's a minivan after all. The V-6 has ample power for accelerating to highway speeds, but you're not going to be going out of your way to drive twisty roads. It seats 7, though, and carries a ton with the seats removed.

The Best of the Minivans
By HeatherH. on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

After a horrible sales experience, the greatness of our Sienna quickly overpowered it. I think they are the best looking of the minivans out there, although I don't think minivans will ever make parents feel sexy driving them. Not a single problem and love all the cup holders and storage compartments in the back. I like the realibility of the Toyota name but the thing that sold me on it was the crash test ratings. Nothing feels better than knowing that your family is the safest it can be and knowing that you've made an informed decision by checking all your facts first.

The Best!!!
By Randall Selby on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

The Toyota Sienna is the best, and most reliable vehicle we have ever encountered! We have never had any problems with it, exept for a broken seatbelt once. My sister had a Ford Aerostar, and it was a piece of JUNK! IT CAUGHT ON FIRE, AC WENT OUT, AND TRANSMISSION WAS SHOT JUST 10K AFTER SHE BOUGHT IT! Also it wasn't just her AEROSTAR THAT HAD PROBLEMS, FRIENDS DID TOO! If I were you I wouldn't buy an American car, because to be honest, they don't compare to Japanese or European cars! ALSO, I DON'T THINK THE ONE WHOS SAYING ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE SIENNA IS TELLING THE WHOLE TRUTH!!!!!!

Excellent vehicle for any size family
By Keeb on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

The Sienna LE is an outstanding vehicle for any size family. I love all the room, it handles very nicely and goes from slow to fast quickly. It is not sluggish, which you might expect from a minivan. This vehicle is considered a luxury vehicle to our family. Cons: The sloping front makes it difficult to determine where your front end is, I bumped into curbs a lot; still, that could just be me, I loved the Sienna.

bad transmission
By tommyslo on 03/18/02 12:21 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Had to replace the transmission at 15k and less than two years old. The dealership took two weeks to get the part and then they botched the job so i ended up stranded.

We love it!
By Satisfied Buyer on 03/09/02 07:17 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Our family of four plus pets have been very fond of this car. We have had no breakdown with it, no troubles except for the third row seat release, which doesn't always work as easily as it should to remove and replace the third row seats. Otherwise, the car has been quiet and comfortable to drive, mechanically reliable, and a joy on long trips. It's hard to understand how one reviewer in this column has gotten such a lemon.

I'd do it again
By gillie1 on 03/08/02 14:29 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

I purchased my 2000 Sienna CE new after buying a used Camry. The Toyota quality is fantastic. I rent mini-vans of all makes with my employment so I was familiar with competing products. I test drove the Sienna and bought it on the spot and took it home to my wife who is thrilled with the car. The ride is very smooth and quiet. We are comfortable and well rested after a long trip. I am currently pricing a new 2002 Sienna to replace this one

Sienna minivan -- comfortable & reliable
By msromagnoli on 03/05/02 08:06 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

We've had no problems at all with the Sienna and it's been a comfortable vehicle for long trips and taxiing kids around town.

Safe and Sound
By cwardlaw on 02/26/02 14:41 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Our Sienna has been virtually trouble-free, and we've also experienced an accident. The Sienna did an admirable job of protecting everyone, and the ALR rear seatbelts held the kids' car seats tight during the wreck. Still, I dislike this van. I find the Sienna dreadfully uncomfortable. The front seats are mushy and offer virtually no support. The cargo space behind the third-row seat is not terribly good, and I wish the Toyota had the same disappearing third-row seat as the Honda does.