Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

A good family car
By TS4D

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

My Toyota has been great, I just recently moved, and I was very pleased to have a bigger vehicle to ease my moving problems. I really like this vehicle overall however there's very minor problem. Sometimes when get into the car and buckle up, the seatbelt unfastened light blinks, even though I have my seatbelt on. I double check and refasten myself but the light is still on, until I repeat the fastening about 5-7 times. I don't know what's up with that problem but I'll have to go to the dealer to see what's wrong. Other than that the car is great for the family, for the kids, and for those long trips.

Favorite Features

The power rear windows that open a little bit at the end of the car, on the sides. Dual sliding doors. Exceptional fual economy and pretty manueverable for a van.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a bit more power. The seats are fairly comfortable but there's still room for improvement. The cargo area could be a bit bigger. What's up with the looks...!!!??

Good Performer -- beautiful family car.
By Townncountry

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Bought it new. Thrilled by its looks at first sight -- Much preferred it to Honda Odyssey's appearance. Price difference was negligible between the Honda and the Sienna (Sienna was $200 more) -- the Sienna felt more car-like in handling and ride, was more comfortable for the driver and front passenger, and had better visibility. My biggest gripe about minivans -- make them with rear windows that open? I am claustrophobic, and I wish minivan designers would not make you feel so closed in. Would like a hybrid minivan soon, and if tax rebates are given for hybrids, that'll be what we trade up to.

Favorite Features

Styling and car-like ride/handling.

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid engine for better economy; middle windows that roll down; rear operated rear windows; rear seats that fold down into a recessed compartment's like the Odyssey's.

Great Car
By LovestoDriveSienna

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

I have not had one single problem with my minvan in the 4 years and 74,000 miles I have driven it. Drives great even up to 80-90mph. Dependability has been awesome. As a girls soccer coach, this van has been perfect for hauling around players to games and tournaments.

Favorite Features

Drives great, very roomy, versatility with being able to remove seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better, but this is true with all minivans. Turning radius.

Solid with Minor Hhiccups
By 130guy

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Having owned it for close to 4.5 years, I am satisfied regardless of high price. Have had repeated skipping with the CD player but Toyota replaced it no questions asked. I've also had to bring it in twice to correct a design flaw that led to a blown rear heater line leaking fluid. One problem is the captains seat in center row have seatbelts that lock WAY too easy. Gas mileage has been less than I had hoped for, but the ride is smooth as ever and I love the ability to remove each seat individually, as well as hand controls on wheel for radio. I would say that I'm not 100% thrilled but am blinded by the ever-slick tranny and solid construction.

Favorite Features

Smooth transmission, solidly built.

Suggested Improvements

One item that drives me nuts is that there is no way to control the interior lighting in the rear from drivers seat, and to change from cold to hot air in rear you have to reach over your shoulder in drivers seat and flip a switch on roof - not Toyota typical engineering!

I'd rather drive the Sienna.
By Charley

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

The thing that really stands out about this van is the light and crisp feel of the steering. I have driven most makes of minivans and only the Chrysler vans have come close to the Toyota Sienna's pleasant driving experience. I also like the logical layout in the driver's area - this is a car that anyone can get into and drive without much of a learning curve.

Favorite Features

I like the way that toyota's steering wheel mounted cruise control and radio controls work. The sliding back seats are full sized - not just for kids.

Suggested Improvements

The defroster is not powerful enough for wet, snowy weather - side window defrosters are worthless. Overhead interior lighting is pretty marginal.