2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
SIenna after 3+ years
By jmflesch on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I bought the Sienna after two successive mediocreChrysler minivans. I wanted a reliable vehicle, and the Sienna has been a success in that area. Ergonomically, the Sienna is poor at best - not enough adjustment in the tilt wheel and power seat, radio in a poor location, controls on steering wheel in poor locations. The finish work on the leather armrest was poor, and the van continues to have many rattles unless full loaded. In fact, I think I've just talked myself out of buying it out at the end of the lease.

2000 Se
By Gordo on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Excellent minivan! We have three daughters 10,8, and 3. This van is smaller than the other minivans, but will certainly be more than adequate for our needs for the next five years. The middle row captain's chairs are ideal, allowing one of the girls to have the entire 3rd row to themself.

Great Car!
By selby on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

Our 2000 Toyota Sienna has been a great automobile. We have just over 60000 miles on it and all we have had to do to it is replace the battery and brake pads. It is dependable, it gets good gas mileage, rides smoothly, and has been great for our realestate business. We our contemplating buying a new 2002 or 2003 because of the low interest rates and no down payment. We highly recommend this automobile to anyone.

seats, anyone?
By Mhotopp on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I drove a 2000 the other day, and I currently have a previa. What's with the seats on this thing? They must have taken design cues from Chrysler, because they're spongy and flimsy at the same time. Why did they change?!! Also, they went backwards withthe armrests, which used to adjust and now have only one position. Americanized crap, if you ask me. I'm sure the reliability is high, but if you can't get comfortable, who cares?

We love our Sienna!
By bwlrchick on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

My husband and I did alot of research on mini-vans before we chose the Sienna. We have not regretted our choice for a minute! We made our choice based mainly on the reliability and safety features of the Sienna, but since we spend alot of time in this vehicle the smoothness of the ride was the deciding factor. We have had no problems with our Sienna, except for a CD player that skipped. It was promptly replaced by the dealer without question. When we get our next van the question won't be which van to get, but what year model!

Great Van
By Ellyn on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

After much research, I narrowed it down to Odyssey or Sienna. I went with Toyota because it gets better fuel economy. The Sienna is a joy to drive, gets 25mph highway, 17 town. Except when I'm towing a boat, of course. :) Total tow weight is 1200 pounds- loaded with boat and camping gear it slows down on hills, but not uncomfortably. Great van, great dealership. I couldn't be more pleased.

Love my 2000 Sienna
By SiennaLover on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I'm telling you I love this minivan! Sure, I have no kids...but let me tell you I sure do get a lot of use out of this thing. I feel safe in it and I can haul practically anything I need to. Picking up people at the airport has never been so easy!

Cute but small!
By lstpierr on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

Bought it in 2000, and haven't had any problems. Only thing worth mentioning is after shelling out almost 30k, Tires should be something that you wouldn't have to worry about for a while. Well, with 19k on it, had no choice but to remove those yuk Firestones with some Michelins. This also improved the somewhat harsh suspension. Overall, I think the van is great for 4 passengers, but any more where you will need to constantly use the 3rd row seats, forget it, it's too small, and the cargo space is ridiculously small. Also, ergonomically has some blind spots, it's tough to back up with it. It's a cute looking van, but too small.

Very good minivan
By Tom H on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

We are very happy with this minivan so far. Reliability has been top notch. It is almost 3 years old with 42K miles and still is tight and quiet like a new car. Could use the disappearing third row seat like the Honda though and few more inches of rear cargo space when all of the seats are in. All in all, it is an excellent car.

good but needs more space
By cocf on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

this is my first van and I like the ability to carry all of the people but the space for luggage is limited. If I didn't have the luggage carrier on top it would be impossible to take the family of 5 on a week vacation!