2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
We Love Our Sienna
By Ellyn66 on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

We researched all mini vans when we were ready to buy. As like most of you, it probably came down to the Sienna and the Odessey. We ruled out the Odessey in 2000 for the simple reason of not having leather seats. We would be bring how a newborn in our new car and the though of the first time she might get sick in the car with cloth seats was my decision only to get leather. (The Odessy wasn't very stylish either.) We just replace the brakes at 30K and have never had a problem at all with our car. We just saw pix of the 2004 coming in March and are thinking about the upgrade due to all of the new safety features.

Great Minivan
By todd3940 on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Great. very comfortable. reliable

excellent quality
By porschephile on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

We haven't had a single problem with this car. It meets or exceeds or expectations in every category. The interior is very well designed. Of course it isn't a Porsche in terms of performance and handling, but you can't put tons of luggage and kid stuff in a sports car.

Reliability and Versatility
By Ed S on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

Maybe I am lucky or maybe it is Toyota, but I have had no problems with my Sienna. Its been three years and counting, and its never been back to the dealer for any problems. I don't thrash my car, after all, it is a minivan, but on the other hand, I am probably not the most conscientious person about servicing the car. Like almost all minivans, it is great with people or cargo. To get the maximum cargo space does take a little effort.

Bad engines
By Bachs on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Beware of this car. Toyota admits a oil sludge issue, although they blame the owners. Search google for more info, Toyota Sludge. Toyota claims they are fixing the affected cars at no charge but this is an out right lie.

Great Van
By A. White on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

Great family car. Great on trips.

Wonderful but.....
By thinwishes on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

We love our 2000 but am disappointed with Toyotas quality. We were always Honda owners and thought Toyota would be just as good. Well the engine is but not the body. Have had problems with the electronic door and interior falling apart. Otherwise great car.

Toyota Quality/Reliability???
By teo on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

My transmission went on my 2000 Sienna at 36,400 miles. Poor reliability and horrible customer service. I will never buy another Toyota again!

Mixed Feeling
By kgb41 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Nothing major complaints but lots of minor defects.AC problems, rear window rattling, plastic parts falling off,tires replaced at 24000,poor paint match on exterior, not thrilled with noise from brakes. But the dealer has been great thus far.Too small for family of 5 on vacations. Don't know if I would buy another one. Expected more from toyota.

HARD TO DEAL WITH
By RUSSELL on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

BIGGEST PROBLEMS ARE DEALING WITH TOYOTA DEALERS. BUT THE VAN IS RELIABLE AFTER 36000 MILES HAVE HAD BRAKE LIGHT COME ON SEVERAL TIME. AIR PRESSURE LIGHT WAY TO SENSITIVE.AIR CONDITIONER WENT OUT AFTER 2 WEEKS FROM BRINGING HOME. LEASE WAS UP WENT TO HONDA ODDESEY , TWICE THE VAN AND A LOT CHEAPER. GOODYEAR TIRES ARE JUNK. YOU WILL REPLACE THEM AT 12000 MILES