2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Very Good Van
By uskeatings on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

We got our Sienna in 1999 when the new Honda van just came out. We couldn't even find one to test drive. We looked at the Sienna and the Villager and it was a no contest. This van is good to drive, allows flexible seating and storage, and is extremely durable. We just paid it off and are looking forward to driving it for another four years.

A minivan that's easy to love.
By ganapatidave on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I ordered my Sienna sight-unseen over the internet. I was living in Ft Smith, AR. I had gone into the Toyota dealer there. They weren't interested in making a deal and didn't even have a Sienna on the showroom floor. I submitted a search using Autobuytel and the Tulsa, OK dealer contacted me. They offered me a great deal on a Sienna CE. I picked my new Sienna up on a rainy afternoon in late September and immediately fell in love with it on the 95 mile drive home to Ft Smith that day. It handles like a dream. Other feel top-heavy and don't manuver well at speed. You get none of that feel with the Sienna. It sticks to the road like a champ.

Great Car
By Don Ho on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I absolutely love this car. I was hesitant when looking because I had never had a van before and when I did my first test drive I called it a bus. Now that we have owned it for a few years, I really really like it and all the features. A TV in the ceiling is helpful for traveling distances with kids. We don't use it runing around town and it isn't noticeable when not in use. The remote headphones allow you to listen to radio in front while TV is on in back.

2000 sienna LE; had new since 9/00
By toddtonis on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Fit and finish of vehicle is good. In 2002, the right sliding door developed a small rattle (something inside door) more just a nuisance. In town gas mileage is bad (around 15 mpg). Highway driving has been excellent (~25- 27 mpg). fabric is holding up well. dunlop tires aren't very good for wear as I'll be needing new tire in the next 3K (currently at 45K miles). Changing oil and filter is very easy. Dual A/C works great even on the hottest days. Paint job on car is pretty average with a lot of orange peel in paint job (typical for japanese cars). I'm looking at trading it in for the 2004 sienna.

Sienna 2000
By DSJ1 on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Good reliable, family vehicle. Very easy to get small children in and out of. Rides very comfortably but has some extra noise values.

My Mini-van
By MermaidCMS on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I love this car! It is so versitle, pretty on the outside and inside. It is great on long road trips. The seats are easy to remove for hauling things. I have never regretted this purchase and will in all likelyhood get another one day. For a larger vehicle, the mileage is outstanding.

From 2 time Quest owner
By Mike Murphy on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Visibility is excellent while driving the Sienna as should be expected. The comfort of the overall ride and the fit and finish of the interior is excellent. The controls are all user friendly with one exception. The radio control on the steering wheel is easily engaged accidently and changes your radio station on you or your song on CD or tape by the way you hold the steering wheel. You must be conscience of where you place your hand on the left side of the wheel. The stereo system in the LE is just acceptable, nothing supreme really. I have owned two Nissan Quests in years past. The Sienna is a full level of comfort and safety above the Quest in my opinion.

Meets Expectations
By marcus aurelius on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Well built, reliable vehicle that meets expectations. Not exciting, and definitely not a style trend setter, but does a lot of things well and provides great value. Never had a single problem in three years of ownership, with lots of family and pets hauling along the way.

A Big Disappointment
By suz on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

We have been loyal Toyota buyers, but no more! Our Sienna has been a real disappointment. The engine is holding up well, but the interior and exterior is falling apart. When a penny size toy hit the window while the kids were playing the window shattered to pieces. My five year old was able to rip the handle right off the door while trying to open the door. The air conditioner vents have fallen off. And, the list goes on.

Squeeky
By stew on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

We love this van except for the squeeky brakes ,we have taken it back to the dealer numbers of times ,but they say they are OK.The cruise control tends to accelerate to much. Power door is touchy.