Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Best mini-van on the market!
By Robert M

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

We purchased our 2000 Sienna new in March 2000 & it currently has 53,000 miles on it. I have owned numerous cars in the past, new & old, & can honestly say this vehicle is one of the most practical & smooth riding vehicles I have ever had. All 3 rows of seats are like sitting in our most comfortable chair in our living room! It truly rides like a Cadillac, but has the room of a mini-van. My guess is that we'll soon trade in the 2000 Sienna for another one. Why not give them a try! You won't be disappointed!

Smooth & very comfotable ride, roomy interior, comfortable seats all 3 rows, gas mileage, style.

Excellent family TAXI
By Carlos-Puerto Rico

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

My Family TAXI. She came in to the family at the same time as my twins... she has held up with the mistreatment of the baby years, the toddler years of abuse going on to the abuse of two little 6 year energizer bunnies that use the van as their alternate toy chest, sleeping bed, fighting ring, fast food table, after the beach resting area, camping house, immagenary treasure hunt cave, space ship and who knows what else... but she keep on running and keeping my two precious gems and my Queen safe and my pockets free of mechanics hand picking. She just askes for regular maintenance and thats it.. exception, a small Power Steering oil leak that I will attend to asap.. plan to have her for at 15 ys

SAFETY..SAFETY...SAFETY..reason why I selected the Sienna..apart from Toyota reputation of quality and value....

All improvements have been added more or less to the new models... I would love to see a Sienna that has the tuck away of seats.

Reliability Issues
By T

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

For a five year old van with relatively low mileage, our Sienna has had some serious reliability issues. In the past 12 months, we've replaced a front axle, transmission, driver's & passenger seat belts, and driver's exterior door handle. Fortunately, our dealer has gone to bat for us and the only out of pocket cost has been the $200 door handle. We also recently found out that we need a new ABS control module ($1800) and the spare tire wench won't lower the spare tire ($160). They've declined to cover either of these items, so we've formally appealed to corp. grievance. The first three years we loved the van, the last two have been very disappointing to say the least.

Interior layout & ride.

Seems like they rushed this design to market and threw out the TQM principles that made Toyota the industry benchmark. It will be difficult for me to consider buying Toyota again based on this experience.

Worst Van Ever
By W

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Our Sienna XLE developed an oil sludge problem despite oil changes every 3200 miles. The oil changes weren't made at the dealership, however, so Toyota initially denied warranty. Toyota also denied sludge problem with their engines. We spent thousands in repairs. Fortunately, an honest repairman at another dealership saw to it that we were comped a rebuilt engine. It also was a lemon, and the rebuilt one was replaced by the initial dealership. Nissan gave us $8700 on trade in, and we LOVE our Nissan. After 5 Toyotas and Lexus ... never again.

sliding door

RER Sienna Owner
By I.M.Satisfied

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Absolutely no complaints. This van has been ultra reliable and durable. Planning on buying another Sienna van within the next 12 months.

Compass/temp, moon roof, walk thru isle, very comfortable seating for seven, excellent mileage.

Bring the front armrests up about 1-2 inches. Even a relatively short driver's elbow won't reach it comfortably.

• SUV