Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

A BEST BUY if ever there was one
By h37338

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I've owned literally hundreds of vehicles.
I've owned this the longest; purchased with 70k, now have 175k.
This has proven to be one of the most comfortable and versatile vehicles I have ever owned and one of the most reliable.
It has NEVER let me down.
NEVER!!!
I don't know if I'll ever be able to part with it because it does everything I ask of it whether hauling people or 25 bags of mulch, or towing a boat.
Kids are now grown and my wife says I should sell.
I can't bring myself to do so.
It really is family...

Comfort, reliability, versatility, cost of ownership.

The turning circle could be tighter, the multi-disc CD player is famous for failure, rear seats could be lighter and therefore easier to remove (they are beasts to move by yourself). No way most women could do this without help.

It's a Toyota
By sebastian6

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

The Toyota Sienna is very reliable. Mine has 205000 miles and still working great, never has had any problems. I will always buy Toyota because it is reliable. Remember "It's a Toyota."

Everyting

None

202,000 miles and going strong!
By smrheinhardt

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I would have loved to have given it 10's across the board, but it is a minivan! I bought this van from the original owner just over six years ago with 65,000 miles. He was very meticulous with maintenance as am I, and it has really paid off. In my time of ownership I have just done my second timing belt, a new battery, starter, brakes, tires, struts, and wheel bearings. All a reasonable amount of work for 200k, and all preventative. Nothing has ever actually broke on it! The catalytic converter is starting to go finally, and will be $650 to replace when it does. I will happily pay this, as the van still runs as smooth as the day I bought it!

I have the no frills base model, but I love the Toyota reliability! Dual sliding doors are great! And the fuel economy is well above average for a vehicle this size.

Leather seats, and automatic doors would be cool, but again this is the base model. You get what you pay for and I am sure Toyota offers these options.

Lifesaver car
By clarkcastle

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

I had the car for 10 years. 270k miles. We were just in a rollover accident on hwy, doing 70 mph. The whole family was in the car, we all walked away unharmed. GREAT car, comfortable, and it saved our lives. It was like losing a member of the family.

Ran like a queen. Nearly everything was original on it, except transmission, brakes, tires, and battery.

The windows in sliding door are not openable. Later models have this option.

great used car
By Tom

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Bought this car with 100,000 miles for my wife to haul her kayak in. It now has 175,000 miles and we use it for everything including trips. Rides and drives nice, dependable. No problems.

ride, handling