2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Excellent minivan in every respect
By ayo on 05/24/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

We've had this van for nearly 10 years now, essentially problem-free. Yes, the brakes do squeak a bit, especially when the weather is hot but that's a minor annoyance. We drive a LOT, in all kinds of weather, and have been delighted with the incredible reliability. It handles great in heavy snow; it does have a wide turning circle but so do other vans I've driven. We've had no issues with oil sludge or any of the other complaints I've read about here. Our kids have grown so I don't think we'd buy another minivan, but if we did, I'd definitely go for another Sienna.

Extremely Reliable People Mover
By Freeagent35 on 03/30/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

I bought this van in 1999, needing flexibility for hauling bicycles and music/PA equipment. Periodically I keep toying with the idea of buying a new one, but then again it has so few miles (62k) and has been so darn reliable, that I just can't convince myself to spend $30k for a new one. Other than problematic power window switches, the vehicle has been pretty much bulletproof. Engine sludge? Not sure what I think but I have changed the oil personally every 3k (of late so few miles ever 6 months with synthetic) and no evidence of sludge in oil filler area. Still starts without complaint first try and runs like a top after nearly 10 years.

Still going...
By Xuefeng on 02/13/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

I have used this vehicle for gardening, at the first day I went to plant my vegetables to selling them at the market. I drive right on the dirt road to get to my gardening area. I also drive this van at least once every month between Milwaukee and St. Paul. No major repairs so far.

Buy it again
By sold one on 08/05/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Owned our Sienna for 8/ 1/2 years, was a great car, 100% reliable, always dealer serviced and never any mechanical issues. Well done. Hated to see it go, but needed a bigger rig.

Good, but with problems
By evans on 09/29/07 22:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

We had no problems until 65,000 miles. Since then, the transmission busted ($2,300 for a rebuilt trans.) and both sliding door handles have broken (around $330 to fix for both). All tires had to be changed at 15,000 miles and again at 40,000. Definitely some alignment issues. A good car, but quality control seems to be becoming an issue for some Toyotas. That said, I'm considering replacing this with another Toyota (RAV4), so I guess it goes to show I've not given up on Toyota's perceived reliability.

Couldn't ask for more out of a minivan
By TomboJambo on 08/18/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

No significant mechanical problems in over 150,000 miles. If you want a reliable van, this is it! And the ride is quite comfortable, too.

Very Reliable
By Most Reliable on 06/17/07 12:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I have owned this Sienna from day one, and so far w/95000 miles it has lived up to the reputation of Toyota by being the most reliable van I have owned. Have there been problems, sure, but minor: rear brake squeal and sliding power door sensor. Other than routine service, it's been a pleasure. Hope to have it another 7 years w/200,000 miles!

Our XLE Sienna
By Doug on 05/26/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

We bought this as a certified used van in 2003 w/28k. It now has 103k and still going strong. This has been a great van. The interior space is a little smaller than our old Previa was, but it has been ok. Since we have owned it we have had very few repairs beyond normal service. The window guides had to be replaced at one point and we had an O2 sensor replaced. The leather is starting to show signs of wear, but generally still in good shape. Gas mileage has been about 18 in the city and 23-24 on the highway (I drive fast). I would buy this van again with no regrets.

Great Van!!
By Lynn on 03/22/07 16:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

We purchased our 2000 Sienna about a year ago. It now has 112000 miles on it and runs great! We have not had any major problems, other than replacing brake pads. It drives very good, like a car, and it's roomy, the seats are very comfortable. It seems very solid and well built. I don't worry about reliability at all- it's a Toyota!! Great gas mileage for something bigger. Very easy to get in and out of with kids ! Very smooth ride. You just cannot beat Toyotas for reliability!!

Perfect Mini Van
By y2komar on 12/19/06 09:41 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car used. I have only done routine maintenance and I am very happy with it. Great family vehicle. Not too big or small, not too fast or slow. I have 116k miles on it and it still runs like new. Love it.