Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

202,000 miles and going strong!
By smrheinhardt

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I would have loved to have given it 10's across the board, but it is a minivan! I bought this van from the original owner just over six years ago with 65,000 miles. He was very meticulous with maintenance as am I, and it has really paid off. In my time of ownership I have just done my second timing belt, a new battery, starter, brakes, tires, struts, and wheel bearings. All a reasonable amount of work for 200k, and all preventative. Nothing has ever actually broke on it! The catalytic converter is starting to go finally, and will be $650 to replace when it does. I will happily pay this, as the van still runs as smooth as the day I bought it!

Favorite Features

I have the no frills base model, but I love the Toyota reliability! Dual sliding doors are great! And the fuel economy is well above average for a vehicle this size.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats, and automatic doors would be cool, but again this is the base model. You get what you pay for and I am sure Toyota offers these options.

Lifesaver car
By clarkcastle

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

I had the car for 10 years. 270k miles. We were just in a rollover accident on hwy, doing 70 mph. The whole family was in the car, we all walked away unharmed. GREAT car, comfortable, and it saved our lives. It was like losing a member of the family.

Favorite Features

Ran like a queen. Nearly everything was original on it, except transmission, brakes, tires, and battery.

Suggested Improvements

The windows in sliding door are not openable. Later models have this option.

great used car
By Tom

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Bought this car with 100,000 miles for my wife to haul her kayak in. It now has 175,000 miles and we use it for everything including trips. Rides and drives nice, dependable. No problems.

Favorite Features

ride, handling

Suggested Improvements

fold away seats

140K miles and still rockin!!!!
By Mark

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

After 140K miles, this Toyota is still doing great. Have not had any major problems with this van at all. In fact this van gets better gas mileage than any vehicle we have ever driven and owned which includes a 4 cyl PT cruiser!! This vehicle has been in 3 wrecks and still was very affordable to replace the parts that needed replacing. It still looks good too! It drives very well even after the 3 wrecks. I'll keep this van and keep putting money in it to keep it going. It is worth it.

Favorite Features

The cruise control is designed better to operate than my 08 Mustang's is. The MPG is great.

Suggested Improvements

The radio and stereo need to trade places with the climate control AC/Heat because the radio is below the Climate control panel and you adjust the radio more than you do the climate. Larger ashtray would be nice too & larger dashboard.

Satisfied Sienna Owner
By Jim S.

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

My wife and I bought this Sienna new and every 3,000 miles have it serviced. It has over 132,000 miles and for the exception of an alternator has never required any repairs other than the usual brake linings, tires, batteries, etc. It has a lot of "punch' when you step on the gas; almost like you're driving a race car! This was the first non-American vehicle I ever bought and for reliability beats all the American cars I've ever owned hands down! This is a great car for a family who doesn't want to shell out a lot for repairs.

Favorite Features

I like the radio controls in the steering wheel. You don't have to take attention away from driving to change the station.

Suggested Improvements

None come to mind.