2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
A BEST BUY if ever there was one
By h37338 on 05/02/11 17:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I've owned literally hundreds of vehicles. I've owned this the longest; purchased with 70k, now have 175k. This has proven to be one of the most comfortable and versatile vehicles I have ever owned and one of the most reliable. It has NEVER let me down. NEVER!!! I don't know if I'll ever be able to part with it because it does everything I ask of it whether hauling people or 25 bags of mulch, or towing a boat. Kids are now grown and my wife says I should sell. I can't bring myself to do so. It really is family...

great used car
By Tom on 05/16/10 19:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

Bought this car with 100,000 miles for my wife to haul her kayak in. It now has 175,000 miles and we use it for everything including trips. Rides and drives nice, dependable. No problems.

Very Reliable
By Most Reliable on 06/17/07 12:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I have owned this Sienna from day one, and so far w/95000 miles it has lived up to the reputation of Toyota by being the most reliable van I have owned. Have there been problems, sure, but minor: rear brake squeal and sliding power door sensor. Other than routine service, it's been a pleasure. Hope to have it another 7 years w/200,000 miles!

Our XLE Sienna
By Doug on 05/26/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

We bought this as a certified used van in 2003 w/28k. It now has 103k and still going strong. This has been a great van. The interior space is a little smaller than our old Previa was, but it has been ok. Since we have owned it we have had very few repairs beyond normal service. The window guides had to be replaced at one point and we had an O2 sensor replaced. The leather is starting to show signs of wear, but generally still in good shape. Gas mileage has been about 18 in the city and 23-24 on the highway (I drive fast). I would buy this van again with no regrets.

Perfect Mini Van
By y2komar on 12/19/06 09:41 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car used. I have only done routine maintenance and I am very happy with it. Great family vehicle. Not too big or small, not too fast or slow. I have 116k miles on it and it still runs like new. Love it.

Love It
By Brad Hogan on 12/08/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

We purchased our Sienna right after our second child was born. A mini-van for a young family is a must! The ease of getting them in and out (especially when you have one in a carrier) is worth the money alone. This (for us) is the pure car pool / soccer practice / grocery-getter / long trip vehicle. Gas mileage (especially on trips) is outstanding. There's plenty of room for luggage and several kids. Ours is nearly paid off and we'll probably keep it - when we do decide to trade.

My Sienna 2000
By martin on 07/21/06 05:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I have had the Sienna almost 7 years and it has 100K on it and I still don't want to give it up. It has never had mechanical/engine problems. At 70 mph the engine purrs.

2000 Sienna - Great Vehicle
By tnjumper on 02/27/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

We bought this certified, pre-owned vehicle about 18 months ago. We have had no repaire expenses other than normal oil changes. The minivan is extremely quiet and rides nicer than most cars. It is comfortable and is easy to enter and exit. We are very pleased with this purchase.

Best mini-van on the market!
By Robert M on 02/17/06 22:30 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

We purchased our 2000 Sienna new in March 2000 & it currently has 53,000 miles on it. I have owned numerous cars in the past, new & old, & can honestly say this vehicle is one of the most practical & smooth riding vehicles I have ever had. All 3 rows of seats are like sitting in our most comfortable chair in our living room! It truly rides like a Cadillac, but has the room of a mini-van. My guess is that we'll soon trade in the 2000 Sienna for another one. Why not give them a try! You won't be disappointed!

Reliability Issues
By T on 08/05/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

For a five year old van with relatively low mileage, our Sienna has had some serious reliability issues. In the past 12 months, we've replaced a front axle, transmission, driver's & passenger seat belts, and driver's exterior door handle. Fortunately, our dealer has gone to bat for us and the only out of pocket cost has been the $200 door handle. We also recently found out that we need a new ABS control module ($1800) and the spare tire wench won't lower the spare tire ($160). They've declined to cover either of these items, so we've formally appealed to corp. grievance. The first three years we loved the van, the last two have been very disappointing to say the least.