2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

LE Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Lifesaver car
By clarkcastle on 06/30/10 23:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I had the car for 10 years. 270k miles. We were just in a rollover accident on hwy, doing 70 mph. The whole family was in the car, we all walked away unharmed. GREAT car, comfortable, and it saved our lives. It was like losing a member of the family.

140K miles and still rockin!!!!
By Mark on 12/18/09 06:56 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

After 140K miles, this Toyota is still doing great. Have not had any major problems with this van at all. In fact this van gets better gas mileage than any vehicle we have ever driven and owned which includes a 4 cyl PT cruiser!! This vehicle has been in 3 wrecks and still was very affordable to replace the parts that needed replacing. It still looks good too! It drives very well even after the 3 wrecks. I'll keep this van and keep putting money in it to keep it going. It is worth it.

Excellent minivan in every respect
By ayo on 05/24/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

We've had this van for nearly 10 years now, essentially problem-free. Yes, the brakes do squeak a bit, especially when the weather is hot but that's a minor annoyance. We drive a LOT, in all kinds of weather, and have been delighted with the incredible reliability. It handles great in heavy snow; it does have a wide turning circle but so do other vans I've driven. We've had no issues with oil sludge or any of the other complaints I've read about here. Our kids have grown so I don't think we'd buy another minivan, but if we did, I'd definitely go for another Sienna.

Extremely Reliable People Mover
By Freeagent35 on 03/30/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I bought this van in 1999, needing flexibility for hauling bicycles and music/PA equipment. Periodically I keep toying with the idea of buying a new one, but then again it has so few miles (62k) and has been so darn reliable, that I just can't convince myself to spend $30k for a new one. Other than problematic power window switches, the vehicle has been pretty much bulletproof. Engine sludge? Not sure what I think but I have changed the oil personally every 3k (of late so few miles ever 6 months with synthetic) and no evidence of sludge in oil filler area. Still starts without complaint first try and runs like a top after nearly 10 years.

Still going...
By Xuefeng on 02/13/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I have used this vehicle for gardening, at the first day I went to plant my vegetables to selling them at the market. I drive right on the dirt road to get to my gardening area. I also drive this van at least once every month between Milwaukee and St. Paul. No major repairs so far.

Buy it again
By sold one on 08/05/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

Owned our Sienna for 8/ 1/2 years, was a great car, 100% reliable, always dealer serviced and never any mechanical issues. Well done. Hated to see it go, but needed a bigger rig.

Good, but with problems
By evans on 09/29/07 22:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

We had no problems until 65,000 miles. Since then, the transmission busted ($2,300 for a rebuilt trans.) and both sliding door handles have broken (around $330 to fix for both). All tires had to be changed at 15,000 miles and again at 40,000. Definitely some alignment issues. A good car, but quality control seems to be becoming an issue for some Toyotas. That said, I'm considering replacing this with another Toyota (RAV4), so I guess it goes to show I've not given up on Toyota's perceived reliability.

Couldn't ask for more out of a minivan
By TomboJambo on 08/18/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

No significant mechanical problems in over 150,000 miles. If you want a reliable van, this is it! And the ride is quite comfortable, too.

Great Van!!
By Lynn on 03/22/07 16:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

We purchased our 2000 Sienna about a year ago. It now has 112000 miles on it and runs great! We have not had any major problems, other than replacing brake pads. It drives very good, like a car, and it's roomy, the seats are very comfortable. It seems very solid and well built. I don't worry about reliability at all- it's a Toyota!! Great gas mileage for something bigger. Very easy to get in and out of with kids ! Very smooth ride. You just cannot beat Toyotas for reliability!!

Good & Bad
By srcd00 on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

The van has been great in many areas. GOOD = Easy use of controls for the driver, comfortable seats for long trips, easy to remove rear seats, dual sliding doors. BAD = replaced transmission after 5K miles. Replaced CD player after 10K. Seat belt light stays on even when seat belt is on. Rust on top of car and we garage the van everyday and night. Tires wore out after 20K replaced with better quality Michelin. Overall the van has been good, I would buy another one but get the 6yr warranty.