Used 2000 Toyota Sienna LE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Lifesaver car
By clarkcastle

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I had the car for 10 years. 270k miles. We were just in a rollover accident on hwy, doing 70 mph. The whole family was in the car, we all walked away unharmed. GREAT car, comfortable, and it saved our lives. It was like losing a member of the family.

Favorite Features

Ran like a queen. Nearly everything was original on it, except transmission, brakes, tires, and battery.

Suggested Improvements

The windows in sliding door are not openable. Later models have this option.

140K miles and still rockin!!!!
By Mark

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

After 140K miles, this Toyota is still doing great. Have not had any major problems with this van at all. In fact this van gets better gas mileage than any vehicle we have ever driven and owned which includes a 4 cyl PT cruiser!! This vehicle has been in 3 wrecks and still was very affordable to replace the parts that needed replacing. It still looks good too! It drives very well even after the 3 wrecks. I'll keep this van and keep putting money in it to keep it going. It is worth it.

Favorite Features

The cruise control is designed better to operate than my 08 Mustang's is. The MPG is great.

Suggested Improvements

The radio and stereo need to trade places with the climate control AC/Heat because the radio is below the Climate control panel and you adjust the radio more than you do the climate. Larger ashtray would be nice too & larger dashboard.

Excellent minivan in every respect
By ayo

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

We've had this van for nearly 10 years now, essentially problem-free. Yes, the brakes do squeak a bit, especially when the weather is hot but that's a minor annoyance. We drive a LOT, in all kinds of weather, and have been delighted with the incredible reliability. It handles great in heavy snow; it does have a wide turning circle but so do other vans I've driven. We've had no issues with oil sludge or any of the other complaints I've read about here. Our kids have grown so I don't think we'd buy another minivan, but if we did, I'd definitely go for another Sienna.

Extremely Reliable People Mover
By Freeagent35

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I bought this van in 1999, needing flexibility for hauling bicycles and music/PA equipment. Periodically I keep toying with the idea of buying a new one, but then again it has so few miles (62k) and has been so darn reliable, that I just can't convince myself to spend $30k for a new one. Other than problematic power window switches, the vehicle has been pretty much bulletproof. Engine sludge? Not sure what I think but I have changed the oil personally every 3k (of late so few miles ever 6 months with synthetic) and no evidence of sludge in oil filler area. Still starts without complaint first try and runs like a top after nearly 10 years.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seats. Vehicle is large and flexible. Well laid out with power outlets for portable DVD players in back (why spend $1500 for a built in when a $200 portable will do?)

Suggested Improvements

The folding third rows were added in 2004. Penalty is unit is a little longer than mine making fit in some garages a stretch.

Still going...
By Xuefeng

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I have used this vehicle for gardening, at the first day I went to plant my vegetables to selling them at the market. I drive right on the dirt road to get to my gardening area. I also drive this van at least once every month between Milwaukee and St. Paul. No major repairs so far.

Favorite Features

none