Used 2000 Toyota Sienna CE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

its worth it to buy this van
By izar

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

I just bought the 2000 toyota sienna 3.0 ce, the car is well kept and mechanically maintained by the previous owner. It has 155k miles on it and the interior & exterior are still in good conditions. The price I got was cheap too about $3,500. I choose this van because of the big space inside & because of its brand. toyota van will just move on the road without any trouble. The spare part are cheap & easy to get & there are so many mechanic that can handle this car too. I would suggest to people to but this car. Don't really trust on the negative review about this vehicle, because if you realized, there are many Sienna out there still move strong on the road..

Favorite Features

the large inside area of the van make it so comfortable for my wife & kids to sit at the back. The price is cheap & wort for your money.

Well built
By will199104

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

I bought my sienna in 2005 with 75K; 7 years later it now has 160K and is still running strong. In my opinion the sienna is rather homely when compared to other minivans, however it makes up for this with its excellent built quality and reliability. I have never had any problems with this van is the seven years that I owned it. It has excellent build quality both under the hood as well as in the body (very sturdy). It is not very fun to drive but I have yet to find a minivan that is. The sienna does have an excellent ride both on the highway as well as in the city. I am amazed at how well it has held up over the years.

Favorite Features

Reliability and build quality

Suggested Improvements

The sienna has a lot of blind stops due to the position of the post. It would be handy to have a fold flat third row seat.

2000 Toyota Sienna
By carperson2

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

We got this van new in the year 2000. Right now the cars has 213,000 miles on it, no problems, only oil change and timing belt. We've used this car in all kinds of conditions, in snow, dirt, and heavy rain. This van has never let us down. We are looking forward to buy a 2011 Toyota Sienna. Thank you Toyota for a reliable mini-van.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine

It's a Toyota
By sebastian6

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

The Toyota Sienna is very reliable. Mine has 205000 miles and still working great, never has had any problems. I will always buy Toyota because it is reliable. Remember "It's a Toyota."

Favorite Features

Everyting

Suggested Improvements

None

202,000 miles and going strong!
By smrheinhardt

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

I would have loved to have given it 10's across the board, but it is a minivan! I bought this van from the original owner just over six years ago with 65,000 miles. He was very meticulous with maintenance as am I, and it has really paid off. In my time of ownership I have just done my second timing belt, a new battery, starter, brakes, tires, struts, and wheel bearings. All a reasonable amount of work for 200k, and all preventative. Nothing has ever actually broke on it! The catalytic converter is starting to go finally, and will be $650 to replace when it does. I will happily pay this, as the van still runs as smooth as the day I bought it!

Favorite Features

I have the no frills base model, but I love the Toyota reliability! Dual sliding doors are great! And the fuel economy is well above average for a vehicle this size.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats, and automatic doors would be cool, but again this is the base model. You get what you pay for and I am sure Toyota offers these options.