Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Most Helpful|
Excellent family TAXI
By Carlos-Puerto Rico

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

My Family TAXI. She came in to the family at the same time as my twins... she has held up with the mistreatment of the baby years, the toddler years of abuse going on to the abuse of two little 6 year energizer bunnies that use the van as their alternate toy chest, sleeping bed, fighting ring, fast food table, after the beach resting area, camping house, immagenary treasure hunt cave, space ship and who knows what else... but she keep on running and keeping my two precious gems and my Queen safe and my pockets free of mechanics hand picking. She just askes for regular maintenance and thats it.. exception, a small Power Steering oil leak that I will attend to asap.. plan to have her for at 15 ys

Favorite Features

SAFETY..SAFETY...SAFETY..reason why I selected the Sienna..apart from Toyota reputation of quality and value....

Suggested Improvements

All improvements have been added more or less to the new models... I would love to see a Sienna that has the tuck away of seats.

A minivan that's easy to love.
By ganapatidave

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

I ordered my Sienna sight-unseen over the internet. I was living in Ft Smith, AR. I had gone into the Toyota dealer there. They weren't interested in making a deal and didn't even have a Sienna on the showroom floor. I submitted a search using Autobuytel and the Tulsa, OK dealer contacted me. They offered me a great deal on a Sienna CE. I picked my new Sienna up on a rainy afternoon in late September and immediately fell in love with it on the 95 mile drive home to Ft Smith that day. It handles like a dream. Other feel top-heavy and don't manuver well at speed. You get none of that feel with the Sienna. It sticks to the road like a champ.

Favorite Features

Cruse control! I never had it before because I always drove a stick shift.

Suggested Improvements

All those wands clustered around the steering column. It took me about six month to sort out some of the lesser used ones like the rear window wiper/sprayer.

Well built
By will199104

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

I bought my sienna in 2005 with 75K; 7 years later it now has 160K and is still running strong. In my opinion the sienna is rather homely when compared to other minivans, however it makes up for this with its excellent built quality and reliability. I have never had any problems with this van is the seven years that I owned it. It has excellent build quality both under the hood as well as in the body (very sturdy). It is not very fun to drive but I have yet to find a minivan that is. The sienna does have an excellent ride both on the highway as well as in the city. I am amazed at how well it has held up over the years.

Favorite Features

Reliability and build quality

Suggested Improvements

The sienna has a lot of blind stops due to the position of the post. It would be handy to have a fold flat third row seat.

It's a Toyota
By sebastian6

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

The Toyota Sienna is very reliable. Mine has 205000 miles and still working great, never has had any problems. I will always buy Toyota because it is reliable. Remember "It's a Toyota."

Favorite Features

Everyting

Suggested Improvements

None

A BEST BUY if ever there was one
By h37338

2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I've owned literally hundreds of vehicles. I've owned this the longest; purchased with 70k, now have 175k. This has proven to be one of the most comfortable and versatile vehicles I have ever owned and one of the most reliable. It has NEVER let me down. NEVER!!! I don't know if I'll ever be able to part with it because it does everything I ask of it whether hauling people or 25 bags of mulch, or towing a boat. Kids are now grown and my wife says I should sell. I can't bring myself to do so. It really is family...

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, versatility, cost of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

The turning circle could be tighter, the multi-disc CD player is famous for failure, rear seats could be lighter and therefore easier to remove (they are beasts to move by yourself). No way most women could do this without help.