Used 2000 Toyota Sienna CE Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Built to Last!
By swinters683

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

We have 195K on ours that we bought used with 117K on it. Its a family hauler and has been on numerous trips on vacation and back and forth to school. I have owned Chevy, Mazda, Jeep, Chrysler and Honda and couldn't afford to keep them on the road. Toyota reliability is off the charts compared to the others. Now I have a 4Runner as well and it is as good as the Sienna. The van has a lot of amenities for the year. We are having the timing belt done on it now and plan on getting a lot of life out of it. Great vehicle. Low cost of operation.

They all have defective engines
By Sammy Tom

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I bought a 2000 Sienna and people should know that all the 1st generation Sienna's have what are known as "sludge engines". Toyota sent out 3.3 million letters to owners extending the warranty from 3 to 8 years because of this. The engines are defective so join a forum before you buy one and ask about the sludge problem. Also, from what I've read, Toyota has been really nasty and unless the car was ready to die next week they wouldn't honor the warranty extension. Very, very few people got any warranty work done. So it was a con job and because of this engine problem it would be wise to get a different vehicle.

its worth it to buy this van
By izar

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I just bought the 2000 toyota sienna 3.0 ce, the car is well kept and mechanically maintained by the previous owner. It has 155k miles on it and the interior & exterior are still in good conditions. The price I got was cheap too about $3,500. I choose this van because of the big space inside & because of its brand. toyota van will just move on the road without any trouble. The spare part are cheap & easy to get & there are so many mechanic that can handle this car too. I would suggest to people to but this car. Don't really trust on the negative review about this vehicle, because if you realized, there are many Sienna out there still move strong on the road..

the large inside area of the van make it so comfortable for my wife & kids to sit at the back. The price is cheap & wort for your money.

Well built
By will199104

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I bought my sienna in 2005 with 75K; 7 years later it now has 160K and is still running strong. In my opinion the sienna is rather homely when compared to other minivans, however it makes up for this with its excellent built quality and reliability. I have never had any problems with this van is the seven years that I owned it. It has excellent build quality both under the hood as well as in the body (very sturdy). It is not very fun to drive but I have yet to find a minivan that is. The sienna does have an excellent ride both on the highway as well as in the city. I am amazed at how well it has held up over the years.

Reliability and build quality

The sienna has a lot of blind stops due to the position of the post. It would be handy to have a fold flat third row seat.

2000 Toyota Sienna
By carperson2

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

We got this van new in the year 2000. Right now the cars has 213,000 miles on it, no problems, only oil change and timing belt. We've used this car in all kinds of conditions, in snow, dirt, and heavy rain. This van has never let us down. We are looking forward to buy a 2011 Toyota Sienna.
Thank you Toyota for a reliable mini-van.

Powerful engine