Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Most Helpful|
Excellent family TAXI
By Carlos-Puerto Rico

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

My Family TAXI. She came in to the family at the same time as my twins... she has held up with the mistreatment of the baby years, the toddler years of abuse going on to the abuse of two little 6 year energizer bunnies that use the van as their alternate toy chest, sleeping bed, fighting ring, fast food table, after the beach resting area, camping house, immagenary treasure hunt cave, space ship and who knows what else... but she keep on running and keeping my two precious gems and my Queen safe and my pockets free of mechanics hand picking. She just askes for regular maintenance and thats it.. exception, a small Power Steering oil leak that I will attend to asap.. plan to have her for at 15 ys

Favorite Features

SAFETY..SAFETY...SAFETY..reason why I selected the Sienna..apart from Toyota reputation of quality and value....

Suggested Improvements

All improvements have been added more or less to the new models... I would love to see a Sienna that has the tuck away of seats.

A minivan that's easy to love.
By ganapatidave

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

I ordered my Sienna sight-unseen over the internet. I was living in Ft Smith, AR. I had gone into the Toyota dealer there. They weren't interested in making a deal and didn't even have a Sienna on the showroom floor. I submitted a search using Autobuytel and the Tulsa, OK dealer contacted me. They offered me a great deal on a Sienna CE. I picked my new Sienna up on a rainy afternoon in late September and immediately fell in love with it on the 95 mile drive home to Ft Smith that day. It handles like a dream. Other feel top-heavy and don't manuver well at speed. You get none of that feel with the Sienna. It sticks to the road like a champ.

Favorite Features

Cruse control! I never had it before because I always drove a stick shift.

Suggested Improvements

All those wands clustered around the steering column. It took me about six month to sort out some of the lesser used ones like the rear window wiper/sprayer.

Bad engines
By Bachs

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Beware of this car. Toyota admits a oil sludge issue, although they blame the owners. Search google for more info, Toyota Sludge. Toyota claims they are fixing the affected cars at no charge but this is an out right lie.

Suggested Improvements

Sliding door sticks, Power door could injure a child as it is not sensitive to something blocking it. Engine problems can cost over $4000

SIenna after 3+ years
By jmflesch

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I bought the Sienna after two successive mediocreChrysler minivans. I wanted a reliable vehicle, and the Sienna has been a success in that area. Ergonomically, the Sienna is poor at best - not enough adjustment in the tilt wheel and power seat, radio in a poor location, controls on steering wheel in poor locations. The finish work on the leather armrest was poor, and the van continues to have many rattles unless full loaded. In fact, I think I've just talked myself out of buying it out at the end of the lease.

Favorite Features

engine and drivetrain.

Suggested Improvements

Controls and radio placement; fit and finish.

A Big Disappointment
By suz

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

We have been loyal Toyota buyers, but no more! Our Sienna has been a real disappointment. The engine is holding up well, but the interior and exterior is falling apart. When a penny size toy hit the window while the kids were playing the window shattered to pieces. My five year old was able to rip the handle right off the door while trying to open the door. The air conditioner vents have fallen off. And, the list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Build the interior and exterior to have the same quality standards as the engine!