1999 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Sliding doors Sienna stuck

1999 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

XLE Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Sliding doors Sienna stuck
By G on

1999 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Love our Sienna but the rear sliding passenger doors are a chronic problem. They are difficult to open from the inside as well as the outside. The knob in the interior gets stuck in the "in" position and thus will not open. On the outside we are now using only one door. The other is impossible to open. The frustrating part is that this is not an uncommon problem for the 1999 Sienna yet my incredible frustration with the dealers and Toyota on a national level who have decided that it is not their problem but the customer. Unfortunately having been loyal customers to Toyota and service we will seriously consider a Subaru or Honda on our next purchase of a vehicle. Just cattle at Toyota.

We were sold on this van because it drives very nice. Like a car and far more comfortable and superior to any other van that we test drove. We like the captain seats in passenger row. We liked the reliability and service until the passenger door issues arose.

Nothing only the acknowledgment of a defect on the 1999 Sienna Minivan passenger doors from the Toyota company. My shoulder is actually beginning to bother me. The one door that we can open takes 8 plus pulls before it will pop open. I am actually concerned about safety issues.