1999 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Reliable and safe!

1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Review

Reliable and safe!
By Scott on

1999 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

Bought our Sienna used 3 years ago, and have since driven 30K. This van has proven to be more reliable than other manufactures that our neighbors and friends have had. Other than oil changes, we've only replaced the front struts. The tire pressure light was sometimes a bother, but I figured out the reset by reading the manual. Unfortunately, my wife was in a head on collision, and it's unknown if our insurance will fix it or not. However, the airbag worked, and she was back to work the next day with only minor bruises. We plan to get another Sienna if we lose this one. Average MPG was 18, but we often get 25-26 on highway trips.

V6 performance, smooth ride, almost drives like a car. Center aisle with captain chairs. King of the cup holders! CD/tape combo so I can plug in my cassette iPod adapter. Watch your speed on the freeway!! Reasonable MPG for a van.

Better factory speakers. Lose the power door, as it's more hassle than it's worth.