1999 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: A big disappointment

1999 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

XLE Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A big disappointment
By Sad owner on

1999 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I have owned Toyotas for years. I had always been happy with their quality and reliability - until now. I have had nothing but problems with this van and been blamed repeatedly by the dealer for all the problems. Its funny that I take care of all my Toyotas the same way and none of them ever had any problems like this. The engine is destroyed by oil sludge. Its in the shop getting a new engine right now. The interior of the van is falling apart. The vanity mirrors fell off. The door buttons stick in the down position so you can't close the door. I haul my kids around in this van and it needs to be safe and reliable. This van is WAY off base for that.

Great engine power (until it fills with sludge). Comfortable seating. Easy to remove rear seats.

Improve quality. Its the Toyota trademark and its taking a beating on this van. There have been thousands of complaints. Improve dealer service - I've never been treated so lousy before by someplace where I was a long time customer.