Used 1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

1999 Toyota Sienna CE 4 Dr Van
By Jblieu

1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 3dr Minivan

This has been a very reliable vehicle. We bought this van used with 34000 miles on it. Although it is a CE it has many upgrades such as tinted windows, an upgraded CD system, etc. It currently has around 182000 on it and we have had no problems. It is a smaller van, which I happen to like, but it is laid out well inside. You can fit a surprising amount of luggage or groceries in the back, and you can stow things under the seats. The two sliding doors are great - no worrying about climbing and reaching car seats. If you are looking for a low maintenance reliable mini-van I highly recommend the 99 Sienna.

Its smaller size, storage under the seats, no expensive repairs, just routine maintenance. Nice interior. Easy to access back seat.

Tail lights are too low and dim. Poor turning radius makes U-turns impossible. Gas mileage could be a little better. Without snow tires the Sienna is useless in the smallest amount of snow.

Reliable and safe!
By Scott

1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

Bought our Sienna used 3 years ago, and have since driven 30K. This van has proven to be more reliable than other manufactures that our neighbors and friends have had. Other than oil changes, we've only replaced the front struts. The tire pressure light was sometimes a bother, but I figured out the reset by reading the manual. Unfortunately, my wife was in a head on collision, and it's unknown if our insurance will fix it or not. However, the airbag worked, and she was back to work the next day with only minor bruises. We plan to get another Sienna if we lose this one. Average MPG was 18, but we often get 25-26 on highway trips.

V6 performance, smooth ride, almost drives like a car. Center aisle with captain chairs. King of the cup holders! CD/tape combo so I can plug in my cassette iPod adapter. Watch your speed on the freeway!! Reasonable MPG for a van.

Better factory speakers. Lose the power door, as it's more hassle than it's worth.

Most reliable thing on the road!
By Armani

1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

I bought this minivan in May 99 and got the XLE because of the power door feature which surprised me, but was not happy that the power door needs repairing so soon. So far I have 88k miles and have never encountered problems with the engine because of its perfect realiability. A previous minivan didn't make it up hills had so many problems but the Sienna goes up hills with authority.

Power sliding door. Plenty of power!

NONE fine with me!

great mini van
By Mr.T.

1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 4dr Minivan

all I can say is that I should have bought a Toyota a long time ago. I purchased the van and decided to drive to Cape Cod. I didn't even think twice to drive it twelve hours straight. It went down and back up without any questions. the vehicle ran so smooth that at times I caught myself doing 90 to 95 mph and not even noticing how fast I was traveling. Have a blast if you get one...

Good vehicle
By Alan

1999 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 4dr Minivan

I've owned a Chrysler minivan and a Ford minvan and the Sienna is WAY superior. We bought it as a 2 year old vehicle and could have purchased a new Chrysler Town & Country for about the same money, but the Sienna was such a better vehicle we purchased that and have no regrets. Great family vehicle.

Nice stereo, plenty of cupholders, power sliding door on passenger side.

Driver's leg area is a bit short; I'm 6'3" and would have loved it if the seat would have gone backward another inch or so. Rear seats which fold away rather than need to be removed (they are heavy!) would have been great, too.

• SUV