2014 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

BEST SUV <$70K in the market
By suv_king

2014 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Test drove the car back in 2008 and loved it. Finally purchased one in Jul of 2014. Steady and solid steering . Excellent use of interior space. 3rd row seats fit adults. Powerful engine and fun to drive. Has a great instrument panel design, intuitive and functional. Simple fixes, like changing light bulbs can be done easily yourself. Good visibility to all directions from inside. I am not a car guy, but i love driving this beast. I would recommend this to anybody. The only change would be to make adjustable suspension a standard feature. Else, this car rocks!

Seat comfort, Powerful engine, solid steering

Bigger gas tank, room above the driver could be slightly higher. I am 6' 1"

Just can't beat it!!
By jedi7503

2014 Toyota Sequoia Limited FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just got the wife a 2014 Sequoia limited and its by far the best vehicle I've owned. (I've had a couple of Mercedes before). It addresses all of the comfort and safety issues that a family of 5 could ask for. The new Entune compatibility is the best with the smart phone connection and bluetooth capabilities. The computer will pick up your phone's music and just start playing it when prompted. The 4 wheel drive rocks too! Pulled my brother in law out of a ditch in the snow (had a two wheel drive truck) and I had him out before the wife knew what was going on. You're going to pay for this Truck as they are not cheap but its well worth the $ to get the comfort, reliability and quality

Entune smart phone Navigation, 4 wheel drive, leather interior, power folding 3rd row seats

Would like to see better gas mileage and maybe a longer version similar to the suburban.

Eh....
By asmithmt

2014 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Ok - I started with a much longer review, but ran out of space. If you are looking for a car that will take you out of "mini-van world" and make you feel slightly cool and powerful, you found the right, over-priced vehicle for the masses. If, however, you are like me, and actually care about aesthetics, performance and amenities, you will be disappointed.

Hard to find a favorite feature - maybe that it DOESN'T have automatic windshield wipers? The Bluetooth capabilities are decent, but if you set up two phones, prepare to have to go into the setup menu every time both phones are even in the same proximity. Why doesn't it just ask you which phone it should connect to when it detects both?

After owning Suburbans for the past decade, I switched only to take advantage of the extra horse power to tow my horse trailer. I bought the same "trim" package in the Sequoia that I had in the Suburban, and I am missing: middle seat heated seats, memory driver seat, split back/seat heating in the front seats, adjustable exit/entry lighting - and, worst of all, it has an ridiculously small fuel tank! If you want to risk running out of fuel hauling your horses, this the car for you. It borders on absurd. You get about 360 miles/gallon hwy without towing, about 230 towing. At least in my Suburban I got 500 hwy and 375 hauling! Very disappointing.

Uncomfortable drive for a tall driver
By tndriver2

2014 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just traded a 2014 Toyota Sequoia with only 7000 miles for a 2014 Suburban. I bought the Toyota new, and I know that trading it in one year was not a financially wise decision, but I am much happier with the Suburban. On the plus side, the Sequoia is easy to handle and turns and parks like a much smaller car. But the steering wheel hurts my shoulders on long drives, there are a lot of blind spots, there isn't much head room, and the small size of the gas tank is a problem. The Sequoia actually gets worst gas mileage than the Suburban, too. All in all, most of my complaints are about the comfort--this car may work fine for a shorter driver but not for tall drivers.

Turning radius.

Larger steering wheel. Arm rests for driver. More head room. Rear air controls in the front seat. Put radio dials closer to the driver.