Used 2012 Toyota Sequoia Platinum FFV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Best Large SUV out there
By jamesoh79

2012 Toyota Sequoia Platinum FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I really love this truck. It is a beast. 0-60 mph in about 6.6 seconds. How many SUV this size can really move that fast? I have owned many trucks. From small suv to my last truck. A 2003 GMC Yukon. The Sequoia is the best truck I have owned. It is responsive and has excellent turning radius at low speed for its size. The brakes are unbelievable. My old Yukon's brakes were terrible. This Suv is perfect for my needs. Which includes storage space for my job. And towing trailers and my boat. The front seats are very comfortable. And all my passengers love the captain chairs in the back. People never fight for shotgun because of the nice seats in the back.

The engine is my favorite feature about this truck. The 5.7 V8 is a beast. 380 horse power is no joke. It provides more than enough power to get this 6000 pound truck moving. You will never have lacking engine power when it comes to passing on the highway. The 6 speed transmission is smooth and silky. No hiccups when the gears are shifting. Another great thing are the power folding back seats. In many large Suv you have to physically remove the 3rd row seats. Not on the Sequoia. Just push the button. The JBL sound system is really nice for a stock system. Get the TRD cold air intake system like I did. It will bump up your mpg 1 or 2.

The mpg on the Sequoia is really bad. I am averaging about 10 mpg for daily driving which is mostly in the city. However, this is also partly my fault. I have a lead foot. And it is too much fun gunning the engine from a dead stop. I bought the 2012 Sequoia Platinum edition. A truck that has a sticker price of over $60,000 should come with HID head lights with it. The audio and nav screen is a little hard to reach. They have the screen so its curved towards the passenger side. Which makes no sense. And I am 6'2 with long arms. Not a fan of the adaptive cruise control. You can disable it. But, it takes extra work. Gas milage is very poor because of the weight of the truck.

• SUV