2011 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
DuckTapeEngineer
By ducttapeeng on 01/26/14 20:30 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great SUV. Our purpose was to have towing capability of 7000lbs easily and have an interior (eliminating trucks). All SUV's in this category have great front seats and comprable 2nd rows but the 3rd row was the best by far. Around town, gas mileage can be all over the map. Driving without trying to be efficient - expect 13 mpg / but if you try hard and learn - 16 - 17 is possible. Remember there is substantial push after getting off the gas. Speed is the key to mpg with something of this size. For 2011, getting in and out of 4WD occurs below 45mph - resolved in later models.

Great SUV!!
By layne4 on 07/04/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned 2 Suburbans before this, won't buy anything else now. We weren't 4 blocks away from the dealership on the test drive and my wife said "this is what i want to drive". Much better vehicle to drive than a Suburban, rides better, quieter, handles better and the turning radius is 10x better than even a Tahoe. We pull a 5,000 lb boat with it and it doesn't even break a sweat. The engine and brakes are unbelievable! Inside everything is very functional and well thought out. Seating is very flexible, I have to say that the 2nd row has at least 6-8" more knee room than a Suburban. Plus the 2nd row slides forward to allow for more knee room in the 3rd row which is really nice.

Nice SUV with some SERIOUS flaws.
By feckman on 09/15/11 12:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We recently purchased a 2011 Toyota Sequoia. It would be a great car but for the fact that many of the most important functions of the navigation system, radio, media system, etc. are *completely inaccessible* while the car is in motion! Clearly this is an issue of liability fears trumping usability or reason. Regardless, we would not have purchased the car had we known how difficult it would be to use. How a car maker thinks it is okay to tell me how to use the functions of an automobile I purchased is beyond me. Letting lawyers run a company is worse than letting inmates run an asylum. It's too bad, because it has all the makings of a great car. Instead it's more like a nagging lawyer.

Fantastic Vehicle
By pmm12 on 03/02/11 16:36 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I do not often take time to write a review but since I used the reviews on this site for a variety of auto purchases I thought it was time to contribute. The Sequoia is a terrific truck. Handles very well, turn radius in tight spots is remarkable for a big truck and the pick-up is much better than any of this trucks competitors we have driven. The 4 wheel drive is the best I have ever used. We saw many off road jeeps get stuck in the sand and mud but the Sequoia did not. Plenty of room inside and comfortable, cruises on the highway at 70 to 80 mph with no strain. Second and third row seats can be adjusted and changed simply. Loves the snow and built like a tank.

For a full size SUV it's features are hard to beat
By leslie0717 on 01/12/11 14:35 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our first Sequoia after 12 years with 2 expeditions. Very pleased so far. Believe the platinum is way overpriced when you compare the few extra options you get. We bought a limited with options of navigation and woodgrain interior on the dash ("molded dash applique"). Have to have the fold flat 3rd row, so that excludes GM, and this time decided to spend a little more to get a better quality interior (one of only a few complaints we had with the expedition). Hoping to have better resale value as well. We have been very pleased with the luxury feel of the interior and smooth ride. We did buy our LTD in another state and had it shipped. LTDs are hard to find/nonexistent in some areas.

2011 Sequoia Platinum
By 02z71 on 01/06/11 14:58 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, great truck. My first Toyota. GAs milage far better than I expected at 19.5 highway and 17 around town. That includes Firestone Destination AT aggressive tires. Ride is smooth and the room is amazing. Storage space is unparalleled. I got a great deal at the Toyota dealer in Auburn Mass and could not have been happier with that. aggressive off-road firestone destination AT,

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sequoia in VA is:

$103 per month*