Used 2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Mostly Good, few points to consider...
By armartin22

2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2011 Honda Pilot (yes, a 2011) for a slightly used 2010 Sequioa Platinum. I did this mostly for the towing capacity, but I also love the styling of the Sequioa. Despite loving the overall SUV, I will list the cons to consider if you don't need the towing capacity: - Seat layout. Platinum captain seating in back is silly and inconvenient. - Nav/Audio: overly complex touchscreen interface. For example, to change stations to next preset (without using the steering wheel controls), you have to switch to "audio" mode. - Handling: while good for a 3 ton truck, its still shaky at speeds and subject to wind. If you need a luxury tank, buy this.

Favorite Features

Size and towing capacity. Styling is beautiful (get a lot of looks driving down the road). Unique - there aren't a lot of these on the road compared to other comparable SUV's. Gizmos galore - more bells and whistles than you will ever need.

Suggested Improvements

Second row seats - layout is silly and inconvenient. Nav/Audio interface: touchscreen is good, but overly complex. Suggestion to Toyota: add preset radio channel buttons! Storage behind 3rd row: my much smaller Pilot was about as big!

Good SUV - Toyota quality
By Craig T.

2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Sequoia two months ago {9/2010} and it has met my expectations. It has excellent acceleration, great maneuverability for a 6,000 pound truck, great passenger room, and the built quality is consistent with Toyota standards {we have owed GM, Lexus, Nissan, and Toyota}. We have rented a Chevy Tahoe LT for a vacation and although the seats are much more comfortable, I am very pleased with my choice since the overall quality/acceleration/and long term expected durability do not stack up to the Sequoia.At 50k+ in this class, you need to be sure.

Favorite Features

1st - getting the vehicle under invoice {no easy feat with Sequoia's on a Toyota lot, they do not like to deal} Great engine, very fun to drive. Good road feel and a pleasure on the highway. The room is fantastic, and the truck feel a cut above in quality, and Toyota gave me lifetime free oil chgs.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be better {if I could have the Tahoe seats in the Sequoia, would be utter bliss}, gas mileage poor {13 MPG around town}, and the rear cargo room if the 3rd seats are up lacks against competitors but overall the cons pale to the pro's

Satisfied (for 3rd time)
By wvgasguy

2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Sequoia (mixed in between with 2 Expeditions) Would not have bought without new folding third row on this generation. The headroom is tight with a sunroof for taller drivers. The gas mileage is on the low end of the segment. But the "value" is tops and it has awesome power. Typical "junk" Toyota NAV system. Sounds a lot like I'm disappointed? Not really, just pointing out flaws. Still heads and shoulders over the Tahoe/Suburban and Expedition. Wish they really would tighten up the suspension, it's a 4wd, I can handle some roughness for handling. Would have liked a hybrid option

Favorite Features

Quality & resale. Comfortable 2nd row w/ room for three car seats.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota, please don't even fool with a NAV system. Ask Garmin for help. The Stereo system does not sound "special". Poor bass and no "surround sound" ( no where near as nice as the Expeditions)

Best SUV I've ever owned
By Steve Cuff

2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had the same 2008 SUV and this one is even better. The electronics are more user friendly. Drove Yukon XLs before this and other SUVs towing a travel trailer. This does that job better than them all and I've towed trailers for 40 years. Mileage towing 7,500 # trailer about 9 mpg and combined Hwy & City w/o trailer is about 16 MPG, not bad considering the size, weight and capabilities of the Sequoia. Comfort and handling close to my Lexus LS 460. This is a great vehicle I highly recommend. You won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control, bluetooth, comfortable seating, great visibility, towing power, folding third row seats, looks -simple yet very pleasing. Rear window opening capability.

Suggested Improvements

Accessing the spare tire is a real challenge. I had that experience. Spent 20 minutes before the AAA guy arrived and then it took him another 20 minutes to get it down. This could be improved. I idled the SUV for about 15 minutes on 100 degree day and it melted the rear bumper at the tail pipe

Love it!
By Bean

2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a beast. Wife and two kids and all the stuff for family vacation easily fit. It drives wonderfully. Plenty of power, plenty of room. I wish the mpg were a little better. We got 17 mpg on the highway and 15 in town. We don't tow anything, but it feels like we could. It has plenty of horse power with a great ride. But, I do have one serious complaint. The navigation! Toyota should be embarrassed. Having owned an Acura with navi, I expected they would all be about the same. Big mistake! It is frustrating, counter- intuitive, and far from "user friendly." in short, buy the sequoia but skip the navi. You'll be glad you did.

Favorite Features

Retractable mirrors, seat heaters, comfortable ride...perfect car.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible navigation! Terrible waste of money. I love the sequoia, but Toyota should be embarrassed about the navigation option. Buy a garmin or tom tom if you must, but Toyota's stinks!