2010 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Mostly Good, few points to consider...
By armartin22 on 03/26/11 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2011 Honda Pilot (yes, a 2011) for a slightly used 2010 Sequioa Platinum. I did this mostly for the towing capacity, but I also love the styling of the Sequioa. Despite loving the overall SUV, I will list the cons to consider if you don't need the towing capacity: - Seat layout. Platinum captain seating in back is silly and inconvenient. - Nav/Audio: overly complex touchscreen interface. For example, to change stations to next preset (without using the steering wheel controls), you have to switch to "audio" mode. - Handling: while good for a 3 ton truck, its still shaky at speeds and subject to wind. If you need a luxury tank, buy this.

Good SUV - Toyota quality
By Craig T. on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Sequoia two months ago {9/2010} and it has met my expectations. It has excellent acceleration, great maneuverability for a 6,000 pound truck, great passenger room, and the built quality is consistent with Toyota standards {we have owed GM, Lexus, Nissan, and Toyota}. We have rented a Chevy Tahoe LT for a vacation and although the seats are much more comfortable, I am very pleased with my choice since the overall quality/acceleration/and long term expected durability do not stack up to the Sequoia.At 50k+ in this class, you need to be sure.

Satisfied (for 3rd time)
By wvgasguy on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Sequoia (mixed in between with 2 Expeditions) Would not have bought without new folding third row on this generation. The headroom is tight with a sunroof for taller drivers. The gas mileage is on the low end of the segment. But the "value" is tops and it has awesome power. Typical "junk" Toyota NAV system. Sounds a lot like I'm disappointed? Not really, just pointing out flaws. Still heads and shoulders over the Tahoe/Suburban and Expedition. Wish they really would tighten up the suspension, it's a 4wd, I can handle some roughness for handling. Would have liked a hybrid option

Best SUV I've ever owned
By Steve Cuff on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had the same 2008 SUV and this one is even better. The electronics are more user friendly. Drove Yukon XLs before this and other SUVs towing a travel trailer. This does that job better than them all and I've towed trailers for 40 years. Mileage towing 7,500 # trailer about 9 mpg and combined Hwy & City w/o trailer is about 16 MPG, not bad considering the size, weight and capabilities of the Sequoia. Comfort and handling close to my Lexus LS 460. This is a great vehicle I highly recommend. You won't be disappointed.

Love it!
By Bean on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a beast. Wife and two kids and all the stuff for family vacation easily fit. It drives wonderfully. Plenty of power, plenty of room. I wish the mpg were a little better. We got 17 mpg on the highway and 15 in town. We don't tow anything, but it feels like we could. It has plenty of horse power with a great ride. But, I do have one serious complaint. The navigation! Toyota should be embarrassed. Having owned an Acura with navi, I expected they would all be about the same. Big mistake! It is frustrating, counter- intuitive, and far from "user friendly." in short, buy the sequoia but skip the navi. You'll be glad you did.

I expected more from Toyota
By TNC on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in an 03 Pilot w 100K on it which was bulletproof. Bought Top of the line Platinum and three weeks later wife backed into a pile of rocks in a parking lot island--turns out the sonar is off until you turn it on. Our fault but major design flaw. Now with 4K miles had major vibration at highway speed found to be failing universal joint and bad drive shaft. All under warranty of course but Toyota reputation is overrated. I consider this unacceptable for a $60K vehicle. Can't get bench 2nd row in Platinum and room behind 3rd row is limited due to wasted space between rows 1&2. Bought for towing capability. If you don't need to tow buy a Pilot. Otherwise nice car.

Sequoia
By Tim on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The powertrain is outstanding and towing capability as well. It makes the vehicle a joy to drive. At 61000 miles mine has yet to have a mechanical problem.

Gentle Giant
By JohnnyD on 08/31/10 10:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I moved up from a 2004 Honda Pilot to this dream car. I wanted a vehicle that would effortlessly tow my boat and at the same time offer a smooth quiet ride during family road trips. This vehicle does both and how. Although it barely fits in my garage (!) it handles like a vehicle half its size. One thing that stands out is the turning circle. At first approach to a tight space in a parking lot, you have to fight the urge to back-up to straighten out the vehicle because of its size, yet it pivots nicely into any space.

Very Pleased With The 2010 Sequoia
By Nick G on 08/09/10 06:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first SUV purchase. Before I have owned a BMW 530, a VW Passat, Porsche Boxster, and Chrysler 300. I have always avoided SUVs, but I am looking to have a few kids and needed something more practical for around the house. So far this has been a great SUV with a car like drive an feel. The improvements in the suspension allow for more room inside and a better ride. It has plenty of power and I love that I can now have 7 folks easily get into a car take a long ride in comfort. I would suggest required features to have the Sonar, running boards and back up camera. I also like the wood grain interior and larger wheels. With this package the maintenance was included for 36K miles

Well Worth It!
By JRNJ on 07/08/10 06:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just added two more kids (total of 3) and needed to upgrade from my Pilot. I looked at all minivans and Ford Expedition..I looked at the Sequoia (after spending two months trying to find one that suited my needs) and was sold immediately. It has the best combination of space, comfort, performance and reliability that would suit most larger families. Excellent build quality is evident. Suspension is firm as suspected but not uncomfortable by any means. Plenty of room for 8 adults(I mean it!) with cargo room to spare. I especially like the options you get with the SR5 standard..such as power moonroof, rear seat digital climate control, XM etc. I would recommend it to all.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Sequoia in VA is:

$116 per month*