2008 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Traded in the 2001 for the 200

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Review

Traded in the 2001 for the 2008 Sequoia
By HRM on

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2001 Limited for the 2008 Limited. After months of agony deciding if I should switch from a Toyota to a Lincoln Navigator I ended up sticking with the same car again. Same color and all. My neighbors were rather confused. I'd purchased the 2001 when they first came out and after 7 years had absolutely no major problems with the car so I decided to stick with the new 2008 model. I've had it a few days and love it. Although I must admit it feels fairly larger to drive, kinda like you're in tank or a cockpit, but you get used to it quickly. Price is much higher than before but guess you gotta pay for more automation, i.e., nav, theatre system, power hatch and seats.

My favorite features would be the automation. The 2001 didn't have the power hatch or power folding seats (it's a must with kids). I also like the captains chairs with the walk through to the third row. The look of the dash and steering wheel w/Bluetooth is great also.

The speedometer is so deeply inset that the passenger cannot see it. Also, memory seating would have been nice