2008 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: If you're going to buy a gas g

2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

If you're going to buy a gas guzzler...
By Mike552 on

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

You may as well buy this one!!! Don't let some of the magazine reviews turn you away from buying this gorgeous vehicle. I mean, let's face it, is there a halfway decent car out there that has room for the whole family AND gets good gas mileage. The simple answer is NO. My 2008 Sequoia is a smooth smooth ride, and mine spends its time on Boston roads, which are some of the worst pothole infested roads in the country. Some reviews say that the steering is too easy, and coming from a 4runner I can see what they are saying, but if the Sequoia had a Lexus badge they would be complementing its effortless steering instead of trying do equate it to a Chevy Silverado.

I got the SR5 but I got it fully loaded. I love the driver's seat, especially the power ergonomic leg support. The telescopic steering is wonderful, and of course the 3rd row power seats. It's incredible how the rows fold flat to have a pickup truck on-demand. The 381hp 5.7L and 6spd auto are great!

The Bluetooth needs slight improvement: Basically a more powerful DSP mic and a better menu for switching phones between myself and the spouse. The way it s now I have to go through 3 menus to change primary phones. Also, fuel economy could be improved, but let's face it, it weighs 6500 pounds!!!