A beast
By kbert on
2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I traded in a station wagon to get the Sequoia. With 3 kids, a spouse, a nanny, and a dog, I figured we really needed something bigger than mid- size/large SUVs like the M-B GL, Toyota Land Cruiser, or Land Rover LR- 3. After owning it for over a year, I was sort of right-- the Sequoia is a dream for family trips with lots of luggage. But, we only do those a 2-3 times a year! The Sequoia is nice for carting kids and sports equipment around, but a smaller SUV could do that too (though with the Seqouia, large/long items like skis and bikes can just be put inside without concern). In sum, it's just a bit too big for my taste and 99%-of-the-time needs. Family loves it though.
Favorite Features
Space for long family trips; rear DVD; adjustable and wide second row; comfortable on highway
Suggested Improvements
I have almost given up using the nav system -- it's so cumbersome compared to the one in my Audi A6; the dashboard plastic is thin and cheap (glove box is shockingly bad); Toyota should try to make the next one less long and not as tall (reduce size/width of hood, e.g.); engine is too rough/course.