2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L V8 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great but a couple problems

2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Great but a couple problems
By tmaracle on

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We like this truck. I am encountering some issues. I added the running boards with LED's underneath that light up when the door is opened. The dealership is fixing them for the third time because the wires got corroded at the connection. It is not a water proof connector, bad design. I now also have a leaking oil pan. It appears to be the valve seal that is faulty because the hose and pan are oily. Hopefully the dealership will fix both issues under the extended warranty. So far they told me the light bulbs are not covered. LED's are not light bulbs, they are diodes that rarely fail. This is an electrical issue. Is anyone else having problems. Albeit, these seem to be minor.

Favorite Features

This is a great overall vehicle. I like the hands free, the sound quality of the stereo. It drives great, handles great and is relatively good on gas for its size.

Suggested Improvements

Better connectors and wiring for LED's on running boards. Better valve seals in the oil pan. Bluetooth needs noise reduction features and maybe a better location of the microphone.